• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Not a comic but just got my first bunch of these. Kreo GI joe. I like them since they play off the vintage toy line from the 80's and personally think they are pretty cool. I ended up getting two blind packs, which I have the codes so knew what was inside them and 2 Ninja Temple Battle sets. I would have bought more blind packs but they only had the 2 which both had Kamakura in them. Anyways 1 for mint and one for open to set up and display.

Think this is a cheap and easy way to get that nostalgia back. There is bigger play sets in which one had like fang, trouble bubble in and such but didn't have figures that I wanted.

Anyways some pics as usual :)

137107.jpg.c9d6fde0e2968ab3120fe560e49fe106.jpg

137108.jpg.4861acf16e4dfe5992e169908383b5a1.jpg

Very cool!

I knew you would like them :)

Wish there was more blind packs from series 1.

I also wanted to grab the cobra ninja viper, kim arashikage, quick kick, scarlett, alley viper and cobra axe ninja.

If they had them all I might have grabbed all.

Would have had a full ninja setup for my display. :)

Grabbed two alpha sets since it had Firefly which is my 2nd favorite character in the Joe line. No blind packs still but eventually. Totally like these sets especially the smaller ones. Make very nice displays. Think I am starting to get addicted to these. Been awhile since anything in the Joe line has made me want to go out and grab it other then the redoes like 25th and such.

137348.jpg.253378b2e2c7d1d4447fdf2128e0b440.jpg

137349.jpg.b86ddfd4799da8a5e9ded33e5241800a.jpg

Nice! Is that the one from ebay last week? I was bidding on it too- Good Luck!

The one on Auction sold for $153 (I think), I didn't get to bid on it as it was to US buyers only. I made a best offer to a BIN for less than that and got it. I've been looking at the BIN one for months thinking I would never get it for a reasonable price. You never know until you try... :)

Are you in the market for this one too? I've only ever seen 3 for sale in the 5 years that I've been trying to get one.

Thought I would share something I picked up off of Ebay some years ago:

gijoespecialmissions_001MikeZecksketchltd99_zps1a5f00c9.jpg

gijoespecialmissions_001MikeZecksketchltd99certificate_zps47916311.jpg

The story was that NDC collected 99 copies of Special Missions #1 (in any condition and mostly ones in VF) and had Zeck do a sketch and signing. They then sold them as a limited edition in store and on their website. They are all typically the same sketch with slight variances and I haven't seen any done of other characters.

CPG has a separate entry for this edition (but none for the DF signing - no sketch - ltd to 299) listed as issue #1b

I found 2 other mentions on the 'interweb' by searching 'the google':

http://s208.photobucket.com/user/whovianone/media/Posted%20Items/img022.jpg.html#/user/whovianone/media/Posted%20Items/img022.jpg.html?&_suid=136813139731204574505246780168

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/autograph/sm1sketch.shtml

I've never seen any others on Ebay or for sale elsewhere and wonder if any board members have one of these in their collections?

I picked one of these up a few years ago, I love it. I sent it in to be graded and it came back 9.6 (green label of course).

I'll have to get a scan or pic of it!

:applause: Great to see another copy and get the back story!

Can't wait to see a scan/pic of a 9.6! From what I heard that could possibly be the highest grade...

Of all the people here I should have known you would have one!

Scanner acting up but here's a quick pic - #68 of 99

101_0199_zps302deeb0.jpg

I took a few pics while I had my camera out. This is the early stages of my GI Joe Room... in progress:

101_0200_zpsf4e16a59.jpg

101_0201_zps549bdfaf.jpg

101_0202_zps3b66edd1.jpg

101_0204_zps6553a988.jpg

101_0205_zpsa515367c.jpg

101_0203_zpsbb38f3fd.jpg

I still have a long way to go to get it all arranged the way I want, but getting closer!

Edited by Silent Master

Thanks, I have a lot of , I'm looking forward to getting it all organized and displayed.

(The wife just wants it organized. :insane: )

Them damn wifes are always wanted organization! Dont they realize we have methods to our maddness? lol

Anyway I think its pretty organized from what I can see..... very cool room Silent! :applause:

Hey dude... better check the PM thread Silent.... Tim found somthing you might be interested in dude..... :baiting:

Edited by Define999