• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who buys from Chuck?

60 posts in this topic

The Glendale Mile High shop is about a mile from my house, so I buy from Chuck. It's my LCS. :)

What's up James

I live in Denver also.But I go to MH Lakewood store.I only buy modern books from them that few that I feel are good reads ,such as the Wolverine Millar run and Kick

Lakewood...hmmm, I've never been there. Is that one a pretty decent store? Seems like the smaller stores are all pretty similar.

It is acutally pretty similar to the Glendale spot.The one that got "flooded" in Thornton is the best one to walk around and browse ,but then again it's nothing spectaular.

Yeah, I wish Denver had a really nice comic shop. There's nothing inviting about any of the ones I've been to. Too small, cramped, dirty, etc. Most comic shops are like that, but I just want a shop where I can browse trades and back issues in style.

Yeah, I wish Denver had a really nice comic shop. There's nothing inviting about any of the ones I've been to. Too small, cramped, dirty, etc. Most comic shops are like that, but I just want a shop where I can browse trades and back issues in style.

All C's in Aurora is ok. Its clean and well organized. Nice selection of new books and trades and a decent amount of overpriced back issues. Pretty small though and it does share space with coins and cards. I don't really like the people that run it. The Lakewood MH also has a good selection of new books and trades and the guy who runs it is great. Overall that is my favorite store in Denver but you're right, the pickens are slim.

On topic, I do buy from Chuck, if I need a filler. I actually built a pretty nice collection of bronze books from Chuck in the mid 80s for a pittance.

All C's in Aurora is ok. Its clean and well organized. Nice selection of new books and trades and a decent amount of overpriced back issues. Pretty small though and it does share space with coins and cards. I don't really like the people that run it. The Lakewood MH also has a good selection of new books and trades and the guy who runs it is great. Overall that is my favorite store in Denver but you're right, the pickens are slim.

On topic, I do buy from Chuck, if I need a filler. I actually built a pretty nice collection of bronze books from Chuck in the mid 80s for a pittance.

Yeah, I like All C's, but your totally right about the prices. I had a handful of bronze books in my hand one day until I realized I wasn't getting them for $1 each.

I've bought books from MH before. I would buy from Chuck in 2 instances:

1) I'm looking for random cheap SA / BA / CA books and Chuck's inventory is so large that I can shop in one location and save on shipping even though I pay more for the books and

2) I check his GA listings once in a while ... but then I look for the same book on his eBay Store and generally the book is available for cheaper on the eBay Store than on the main site plus shipping is also faster and cheaper. (thumbs u

Coincidentailly, there are 2 instances when I would buy from him:

1) When pigs fly

2) When hell freezes over

lol

I buy from Chuck.

He's got some stuff that relatively hard to find... such as this Beautiful Stories for Ugly Children TPB:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHAT-IF-THIS-WERE-HEAVEN-GN-1-Fine_W0QQitemZ250294926032QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

(I bought a copy so apparently he has multiples.)

I've bought books from MH before. I would buy from Chuck in 2 instances:

1) I'm looking for random cheap SA / BA / CA books and Chuck's inventory is so large that I can shop in one location and save on shipping even though I pay more for the books and

2) I check his GA listings once in a while ... but then I look for the same book on his eBay Store and generally the book is available for cheaper on the eBay Store than on the main site plus shipping is also faster and cheaper. (thumbs u

Coincidentailly, there are 2 instances when I would buy from him:

1) When pigs fly

2) When hell freezes over

lol

And this is why I don't post more in general: constructive posting.

It's quick and easy to malign Chuck but like every business, there are ways you can make Chuck's model work for you. I have found what works for me. Apparently, you haven't but ... then again ... you've not informed us as to why there is no way Chuck's store / inventory can work for you.

I haven't bought from Chuck since the mid-eighties, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for him. It was really hard for me to get to comic shops as often as I wanted when I was 13-15 years old. So I ordered everything I wanted but couldn't get from Mile High.

Also, I got some very nice copies of Bronze #1s from Chuck for around guide, even when you couldn't find them anywhere else for any price (at least in the Midwest) including Ringo Kid #1, Peter the Little Pest #1 etc. :cloud9:

A a tip of the hat and a toke of the hippie lettuce to you, Chuck.

I bought from Chuck when he first started with CGC books. He didn't know how to price them, so I actual had the better of the deal. Today he probably sells them at multiples of highest GPA.

Soooooooo, do you still buy them now to even it out?

Is he really that rich? He seems to do a lot of yard work for a rich guy.

Money changes a lot of people but apparently not Chuck, and I give him a lot of respect for staying humble

Is he really that rich? He seems to do a lot of yard work for a rich guy.

Money changes a lot of people but apparently not Chuck, and I give him a lot of respect for staying humble

(thumbs u

I neither disrespect nor respect him. I think MrComicBook got it right when he called him the Wal-Mart of comic book dealers.

He's been hugely successful, and he's stepped on a few people to do it, but he seems a nice fellow. Naturally, he has his detractor's.

I don't much care for Wal-Mart either, or it's employee policies, but if I'm out of ketchup......

edited to clean it up- my blood sugar must be low. :insane: