• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Live!

308 posts in this topic

Seeing the pic of Crazy Ed makes me laugh.

Used car salesman tactics never work on me...and I made the mistake of asking to look at a book on the wall yesterday.

Brian (Chainnball) is with me, and out of the corner of my eye, I spot a Dr. Strange #1

I ask to look, and had I realized in that split second whose booth it was....

So I look at the book, and he tries to show me some "really nice" Defenders, if I like Dr. Strange. But I'm not interested, I really only want to upgrade my own copy of Dr. Strange #1.

And I can tell straight up, this is a VF+ maybe a 9.2 raw at best on a good day, but it's probably more 9.0

Color breaking crease lower right, multiple spine stress marks...it's not a horrible book, but it's not what I want to buy either.

So I hand it back and Ed is like, "But wait! Did you see this back cover!?!? It's BEAUTIFUL! Look!!!"

And I said I saw it, it's nice, still don't want it, need an upgrade from the one I have at home.

And Ed says, "Wait...you're telling me that your copy at home is NICER then this one?"

Stop.

You've been in my house? (Brian made that remark to me, I had to laugh!)

But really...get over yourself Ed. Your merchandise isn't as stellar as you'd like to think. And I think it's time all of us that addressed the fact that there really are too many dealers that sell (or try to sell us) overpriced slag like we're dummies or something.

Why would it be so hard to believe that I would want to upgrade my 9.4/9.6 raw for a possible 9.8?

I was at San Diego and asked a dealer to see a ASM 238, and he's looking to charge me NM- prices (not overstreet prices, BTW...like, GPA prices) for a Fine+ copy.

And I said I was looking to upgrade my own 9.2 raw at home for something in the 9.6 or better range.

"Well," he says, "You won't find any of that here...if any of us had one of those, we'd be sending it in to CGC ourselves! We're not ALL insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, you know!!!"

That's just like the guy who's asking $800 for a Detective 416 CGC 9.6 in the selling forum.

:baiting:

TECH OT: How did I post my pics live to this thread?

1. Last week, created a PHP -script that would receive emails that contained only one attachment. The -script would rename the attachment (picture) to the same name as the subject line of the email. I put this -script on the ComicSeeker.com server.

2. Modified the ComicSeeker.com web server so that if it received an email to a specific email address, from a specific email address, it would send the email to the PHP -script.

So, now everything is set-up.

3. Take a picture we my iPhone

4. Email picture to the PHP -script on my webserver. The subject line was something like b02.

5. Come back to this thread and "quick quote" a message that had a photo. Change the linked photo from b01 to b02 and write my message.

6. Click submit and all done.

Steps 3-6 usually took 1-3 minutes to finish.

I wish I understood just ONE thing you wrote, but I'm as sharp as a hard boiled egg :screwy:. Great thread though! Now everyone is going to expect this from you at every major show.