• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Live!

308 posts in this topic

Anybody see that chick in the Harley Quinn outfit! 10.0 :)

Awesome report.....I was next in line on that Stelfreeze line. He did an insane job on that batman commission. Nice price too ;)

Iphones rock

I thought that Harley Quinn was also around 15 :eek:

she did have makeup on..........:)

Just read all 29 pages

GREAT THREAD.

One day I am going to be able to travel to a big con, until then threads like this will have to do.

Thanks for sharing...makes me think of spending the money to buy an iphone(except all I do with my phone is make/receive calls)

Awesome report.....I was next in line on that Stelfreeze line. He did an insane job on that batman commission. Nice price too ;)

Iphones rock

The one without makeup? Yeah she was 14.

The one with makeup? >___>;; I'll take 15 over the 12 I usually get. I'm 19. And if you were talkin' about me.... :luhv:

2.jpg

IMGP2098.jpg

I adore Billy =P

Seeing the pic of Crazy Ed makes me laugh.

Used car salesman tactics never work on me...and I made the mistake of asking to look at a book on the wall yesterday.

Brian (Chainnball) is with me, and out of the corner of my eye, I spot a Dr. Strange #1

I ask to look, and had I realized in that split second whose booth it was....

So I look at the book, and he tries to show me some "really nice" Defenders, if I like Dr. Strange. But I'm not interested, I really only want to upgrade my own copy of Dr. Strange #1.

And I can tell straight up, this is a VF+ maybe a 9.2 raw at best on a good day, but it's probably more 9.0

Color breaking crease lower right, multiple spine stress marks...it's not a horrible book, but it's not what I want to buy either.

So I hand it back and Ed is like, "But wait! Did you see this back cover!?!? It's BEAUTIFUL! Look!!!"

And I said I saw it, it's nice, still don't want it, need an upgrade from the one I have at home.

And Ed says, "Wait...you're telling me that your copy at home is NICER then this one?"

Stop.

You've been in my house? (Brian made that remark to me, I had to laugh!)

But really...get over yourself Ed. Your merchandise isn't as stellar as you'd like to think. And I think it's time all of us that addressed the fact that there really are too many dealers that sell (or try to sell us) overpriced slag like we're dummies or something.

Why would it be so hard to believe that I would want to upgrade my 9.4/9.6 raw for a possible 9.8?

I was at San Diego and asked a dealer to see a ASM 238, and he's looking to charge me NM- prices (not overstreet prices, BTW...like, GPA prices) for a Fine+ copy.

And I said I was looking to upgrade my own 9.2 raw at home for something in the 9.6 or better range.

"Well," he says, "You won't find any of that here...if any of us had one of those, we'd be sending it in to CGC ourselves! We're not ALL insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, you know!!!"

Know, but you're an effin' A-HOLE.

cool that was you!!! the costume was awsome!!!

Iphones rock

The one with makeup? >___>;; I'll take 15 over the 12 I usually get. I'm 19. And if you were talkin' about me.... :luhv:

2.jpg

IMGP2098.jpg

I adore Billy =P

Iphones rock

2.jpg

IMGP2098.jpg

I adore Billy =P

:blush:

Crazy Ed

bb11.jpg

i was at his booth yesterday while he sold a sweet XMEN 1

I talked to im yesterday also.... he told me about the xmen 1, did he give you 2 copies??? one to read....

actually yeah, but it wasn't me. and it was a famous first XMEN 1 that he gave the guy to read.

Thanks for the compliments, peasofcrap and NYComics! I think that was one too, The_Beyonder. xD

I spent far too much time on that costume xD But I'm happy that other people enjoyed it just as much as I did! :D

cool that was you!!! the costume was awsome!!!

Iphones rock

2.jpg

IMGP2098.jpg

I adore Billy =P

Ah, to be 19 again.

What an awesome AWESOME time I had this weekend.

First, thank's for all the compliments on my thread. I had a lot of fun doing this. Not sure if it will ever happen again, but it was cool.

Meeting all the forumites for the first time was clearly my highlight. It's unbelievable how many of you showed up for Baltimore. There are way too many names to remember, but, I was glad to meet each and every one of you.

Thanks to Joey for getting us set-up for dinner on Friday.

Thanks to Rich and his entire family for being great hosts on Saturday.

Thanks to all of you for checking out this thread. You kept me inspired to keep it going. Like the time I was standing in front of Tim Sale uploading my picture and all the people in line started yelling at me. You gave me the strength to ignore them until security moved me along.

TECH OT: How did I post my pics live to this thread?

1. Last week, created a PHP -script that would receive emails that contained only one attachment. The -script would rename the attachment (picture) to the same name as the subject line of the email. I put this -script on the ComicSeeker.com server.

2. Modified the ComicSeeker.com web server so that if it received an email to a specific email address, from a specific email address, it would send the email to the PHP -script.

So, now everything is set-up.

3. Take a picture we my iPhone

4. Email picture to the PHP -script on my webserver. The subject line was something like b02.

5. Come back to this thread and "quick quote" a message that had a photo. Change the linked photo from b01 to b02 and write my message.

6. Click submit and all done.

Steps 3-6 usually took 1-3 minutes to finish.

TECH OT: How did I post my pics live to this thread?

1. Last week, created a PHP -script that would receive emails that contained only one attachment. The -script would rename the attachment (picture) to the same name as the subject line of the email. I put this -script on the ComicSeeker.com server.

2. Modified the ComicSeeker.com web server so that if it received an email to a specific email address, from a specific email address, it would send the email to the PHP -script.

So, now everything is set-up.

3. Take a picture we my iPhone

4. Email picture to the PHP -script on my webserver. The subject line was something like b02.

5. Come back to this thread and "quick quote" a message that had a photo. Change the linked photo from b01 to b02 and write my message.

6. Click submit and all done.

Steps 3-6 usually took 1-3 minutes to finish.

My brain is like Babelfish, it translated this explanation to " :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: "

Awesome thread! (worship)

Grahh, I don't mean to make y'all feel all old or anything O.o;;; Sorryyy.

I did see a LOT of people using iPhones for pictures this weekend. :3 Worked pretty well though! Your thread must have made some people felt like they were there most of the weekend ;)