• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bye bye THANOS.....

16 posts in this topic

I dropped that title as well as the new silver surfer after the first issue. Boring.

don't blame u. i have not bought a book on a regular monthly basis in years....i did get the jim lee batman but that's about it.

Well, I'm very disappointed because I'm loving the new Thanos series so far and it's currently my favourite Marvel title.

Creative differences = Marvel won't hire Ron Lim, Starlin's one and only choice for the next story arc.

I last saw Ron Lim at Megacon in Orlando and asked him (while he did an awesome Thanos head sketch for me) why he isn't working for Marvel. He didn't really elaborate beyond "because they won't hire me", to which I replied "I'm sorry to hear that". Others have told me that Ron was one of a few artists (along with Paul Ryan) that Marvel's new bosses specifically targetted as being out of step with the "new" Marvel.

Kev

I dropped that title as well as the new silver surfer after the first issue. Boring.

don't blame u. i have not bought a book on a regular monthly basis in years....i did get the jim lee batman but that's about it.

So why are you bothering to read and post in the Modern section...? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, I'm very disappointed because I'm loving the new Thanos series so far and it's currently my favourite Marvel title.

Creative differences = Marvel won't hire Ron Lim, Starlin's one and only choice for the next story arc.

I last saw Ron Lim at Megacon in Orlando and asked him (while he did an awesome Thanos head sketch for me) why he isn't working for Marvel. He didn't really elaborate beyond "because they won't hire me", to which I replied "I'm sorry to hear that". Others have told me that Ron was one of a few artists (along with Paul Ryan) that Marvel's new bosses specifically targetted as being out of step with the "new" Marvel.

Kev

Kev - nice. I knew there was more to it than that! smile.gif

DAM

So why are you bothering to read and post in the Modern section...? confused-smiley-013.gif

never said i don't read the books....plus i like to keep up on what's going on...good to stay informed. grin.gif

Jim came forward to say:

I don't want to get into why I quit but I think it is important for folks to know that Ron Lim coming onto the book had nothing to do with it. He had already been approved and was slated to pencil the book

Kev