• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Problems with the new eBay feedback system

11 posts in this topic

I recently sold a Jawbone headest. In my description I took a picture of the charger and the jawbone headset. There was nothing else included in the picture.

When the buyer received the items he paid for, he demanded a refund because there were no additional earbuds or headpiece attachments.

I offered this buyer a refund, simply because I wanted all of my buyers to be satisfied with the merchandise they bought. I told the buyer he could return the package and I would refund his money.

Well.. the buyer sent the Jawbone back via Express Mail, without telling me how he was going to return the package. Because I was out of town, after 5 days, the post office returned the package to the buyer.

When I come back from vacation I see a negative stating "Buyer offered refund for merchandise but refused when it arrived"

:frustrated:

When he filed a PayPal dispute, I informed all parties exactly what happened and won, in what was to me, an obvious decision.

Since PayPal and eBay are so closely entrenched, shouldn't my negative be removed?

I don't know.. it just stings a little going from 100% to 99% without a chance to have complete resolution.