• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet another ebay tool to avoid

45 posts in this topic

So, I took a chance and bought a PGX slabbed book graded 8.5 b/c the price was cheap. I received it, looked at it, and noticed the bottom staple was popped. :o I sent a nice email to the seller with large scans of the staple pop. 4 days later I get a reply to send it back for a refund. 2 days later he receives the book. A week later I have to file a paypal claim b/c he hasn't responded to yet another email or refunded my $$ through paypal.

Yesterday I received a message from the seller:

Your money order was shipped out yesterday. Brett

I could not find the fault in the comic that you claim even under high magnification but I still will honor your refund request. Brett

Today it's up for auction again with no mention of the staple pop.

linky poo

ebay user ID 4244brett

What a tool :makepoint:

ss13frt2.jpg

th_ss13frt1.jpg

Timmay!

The book is "professionally" graded, not his fault if PGX missed the pulled staple. Technically, based on his auction format he technically wasn't obligated to give you a refund either. Maybe he doesn't know what a pulled staple is. Maybe he's sliding the defect under PGX since we know they are all slack. His motivation is questionable at best, but he doesn't appear to be an outright scumbag. Regardless, be happy you got the refund.

Regardless, be happy you got the refund.

Still waiting on a money order from him even though I payed with paypal.

:wishluck:

Reading is fundamental. :doh:

OK, if it's been several weeks...he is a scumbag. :)

I wonder if you can make a case to stop the current transaction based on the fact that it was sold to you and technically the transaction is not complete.

The book is "professionally" graded, not his fault if PGX missed the pulled staple.

Well obviously this was post-slabbing, like SCS. CGC has stated in the past, that while PGX's holder is superior in some ways, its inner well does risk staples pulls and loosening the cover from the book.

Regardless, be happy you got the refund.

Still waiting on a money order from him even though I payed with paypal.

WTF?

When you pay via Paypal and ask for a refund, you do so using the internal Paypal mechanism, then once the item is confirmed returned, you get your money back automatically.

I just got an interesting message from the seller:

I hope that you are not trying to prevent the sale of my comic. I have gotten two questions about the bottom staple. That seems a little courious dew to the fact that it is impossible to see from the scan provided.

:whistle:

The book is "professionally" graded, not his fault if PGX missed the pulled staple.

Well obviously this was post-slabbing, like SCS. CGC has stated in the past, that while PGX's holder is superior in some ways, its inner well does risk staples pulls and loosening the cover from the book.

I'd like to think that's what happened, but given PGX's track record I'm not entirely positive that's the case.

I just got an interesting message from the seller:

I hope that you are not trying to prevent the sale of my comic. I have gotten two questions about the bottom staple. That seems a little courious dew to the fact that it is impossible to see from the scan provided.

:whistle:

Now THAT speaks to his motives. You called it. I'd follow Joe's advice and get the PP process started...you may want to kindly tell him that he should NOT be selling an item related to a transaction that has not been completed.

I have tracking on the return. He said he already mailed a money order, so I'll give it a week and see what happens.

How long has it been? Paypal only allows 30 days for a dispute and many scam sellers play the "the check is in the mail" game, waiting for the time to run out.

If it gets down to 27-28 days and no MO, file and tell him you'll return it f it doesn't come in.