• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does it REALLY cost to get your CGC book re-holdered?

10 posts in this topic

I found out I need to get a CGC book Re-holdered. The current case it's in is damanged but it did not affect the comic itself(at least I don't think).

The re-holdering fee is $11.00, but by the time I went thru the on-line submission process the final costs turned out to be $36.10 with $25.10 being the registred mail shipping charges...YIKES!. I put a value of $175.00, but I dropped it to $90.00 just to see what that would do and it only dropped the cost a couple of bucks.

Is there anyway to get a CGC comic in a new case cheaper without finding a comic convention where they do on-site grading

I can't call today, but will call CGC tomorrow to see what my options are.

I guess CGC only ships via Registered mail.

I found out I need to get a CGC book Re-holdered. The current case it's in is damanged but it did not affect the comic itself(at least I don't think).

The re-holdering fee is $11.00, but by the time I went thru the on-line submission process the final costs turned out to be $36.10 with $25.10 being the registred mail shipping charges...YIKES!. I put a value of $175.00, but I dropped it to $90.00 just to see what that would do and it only dropped the cost a couple of bucks.

Is there anyway to get a CGC comic in a new case cheaper without finding a comic convention where they do on-site grading

And your 36.10 will increase because you have to pay from your end to mail it down to Sarasota. :whistle:

ONE BOOK

Tier: Reholder

Total number of items 1

Total Grading Fee $11.00

Total Imaging Fee $0.00

Invoice Shipping $22.25

Subform Total $33.25

shipping to CGC $10.00 (priority inc. dc and ins.)

total $43.25

I sent in 3 earlier this year and the total cost was $76

I checked awhile back, and CGC did not reholder during on-site grading. Has this changed?

If they are slow they will. I had a killer poopy IM booked reholdered in chicago this year.....

grand total....

11 bucks.

^^