• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need a backer for an amazing collection

71 posts in this topic

This looks fishy. I know where you found this guy.. and I see that he is spamming his ad in multiple places. It looked to me like someone was playing a joke or setting some people up to be scammed. Perhaps the books are stolen goods? Out of respect for the original poster, I won't divulge where I found the ad (in case it turns out to be legit), but I fear for his personal safety, and cash on hand, if he chooses to visit this guy.

Some strageness about the situation:

- His photo shows only a few of the books in his list but also a Tales of Suspense #39 that is not mentioned in his ad.

- He claims that one of the AF #15s is in vf/nm 9.0 condition.

- The other AF #15 is in 2.5 VG condition. (huh??)

- The Spidey #1 is so white, it looks like it just came out of an inkjet printer. (It's as white as the backing board.)

Seems too good to be true to me. Be careful, limited66!

Here's the image in question:

impossible.jpg

This looks fishy. I know where you found this guy.. and I see that he is spamming his ad in multiple places. It looked to me like someone was playing a joke or setting some people up to be scammed. Perhaps the books are stolen goods? Out of respect for the original poster, I won't divulge where I found the ad (in case it turns out to be legit), but I fear for his personal safety, and cash on hand, if he chooses to visit this guy.

- His photo shows only a few of the books in his list but also a Tales of Suspense #39 that is not mentioned in his ad.

- The Spidey #1 is so white, it looks like it just came out of an inkjet printer. (It's as white as the backing board.)

impossible.jpg

And no offence to limited66, but who is to say he is not a part of the scam? I have encountered 2 very well organized, 3-party scams in the past 4 years...always on BIG books, always sounding too good to be true. Not accusing, just making sure nobody gets burned.

R.

I saw it too. thing is he is charging $9060.00 for the collection, not $10,000. he seems to know all the comic lingo as far as describing a book, and would be crazy to sell it for that price.

Jeff

I found it minutes after he posted it. i thought scam. thought maybe he could score it and prove my thoughts wrong. but then i noticed he said $10,000 for the collection plus a finders fee, the lot was $9,060.00 i believe. just got me thinking thats all.

impossible.jpg

I swear I have seen that comforter on these boards somewhere. hm

I found it minutes after he posted it. i thought scam. thought maybe he could score it and prove my thoughts wrong. but then i noticed he said $10,000 for the collection plus a finders fee, the lot was $9,060.00 i believe. just got me thinking thats all.

doh! doh!

Nice meh

doh! doh!

Nice meh

If its a scam, I'm not in on it.

Ask thehumantorch, or Avenger80, or Pjthib, or 143ksk, I'm just another collector who saw a supposedly local opportunity. Plus, if you back up in the thread I already said that I had a friend who was putting up the money.

I guess too good to be true is always too good to be true .

On the other hand, if deal like that were to come up and be legit, you do have to move fast because the sharks circle quick.

and I had $50...

but I went drinking tonight, so now I have $2...

maybe I could buy a chip off of that 2.5 AF15 once someone pulls it out of the bag...

You can buy a piece pie in the case of limited666 vs. joeblowingsmokeupourcollectiveasses lawsuit fund