• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

That CGC 9.4 copy is easily the best of the lot, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it right near the price of the crapola 9.6.

i don't think that's likely...

we'll likely see two nutty X-Men fanatics with boatloads of cash duking out to buy the HCGC (buy the slab, remember?) copy... that would be the 9.6.

but yeah - agreed it's a crappola 9.6...

I'm certainly no label maven, but taking a stab at that CGC 9.4 copy is enticing, while that POS 9.6 wouldn't be welcome in my collection... at least for anything over $100.

I've got a bad feeling that 9.4 copy is gonna go for more than we think....

you guys nailed it. that 9.6 is butt ugly. shy.gif already $2000. if it was a fish, I would throw it back. nasty,...nasty angle. next thing you know, somebody that complains a lot about the insanity of the prices on 70's books will bid on it....ooops, sorry Tomega. just kidding sir..hope you win.

I'm certainly no label maven, but taking a stab at that CGC 9.4 copy is enticing, while that POS 9.6 wouldn't be welcome in my collection... at least for anything over $100.

Are these people even looking at the scans of the books? Or is it just total label blindness?? insane.gif

you guys nailed it. that 9.6 is butt ugly. shy.gif already $2000. if it was a fish, I would throw it back. nasty,...nasty angle. next thing you know, somebody that complains a lot about the insanity of the prices on 70's books will bid on it....ooops, sorry Tomega. just kidding sir..hope you win.

I do not think it is butt ugly, I seriously doubt you would not want it for your collection. If you do have any high grade copies like this that you would throw back, let me know - perhaps I can take them off your hands. grin.gif I do not complain a lot about 70's prices, I just know what they are worth. I put my bid of about $3000 and it got squashed immediately, too bad -that is what I personally think the book is worth. The book is a nice copy and still nicer then the 9.2 I have in my collection, perhaps if I win the 9.4 you could participate in the bidding for my centered 9.2.

That book is a little misaligned and I take your side Tomega that book would look good in my collection also as that book doesnt seem that bad to me! Definetly not perfect but I guess if your going to pay over 5000 it should be!

Seriously though if it was for 3 grand it would be just right.

Davidking623

I do not think it is butt ugly, I seriously doubt you would not want it for your collection. If you do have any high grade copies like this that you would throw back, let me know - perhaps I can take them off your hands.

I love this kind of comment, and it goes right up there with fans who play the old "well, don't complain if you can't do better" lame duck card when someone dislikes a comic, movie or book. If you don't like Valiants, date stamps, written names or POS production defects, then fanboys chime in with "If you hate them so much, why don't you give it to me...?"

You see, I would NEVER have bought that sadass comic in the first place, I would not have gone near it at a show, and I would never have accepted it as a NM from a mail-order dealer, and due to the off-center, white border cover, many dealers would not have graded it as a NM+ in the first place.

Of course if I did happen to get a badly misaligned copy by accident (and for cheap, otherwise it'd go back), I'd certainly make use of the label-driven sucker money, list it on EBay and drain them for all they're worth, just like this seller. I definitely wouldn't just toss it away or give it to someone, but neither would it be anywhere near my permanent collection.

Otherwise, I'd keep looking at that badly-produced book and keep wanting to upgrade.