• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-MEN 94 CGC 9.6

484 posts in this topic

Ewert is probably chastising the (0) and low rating scam sellers with that "unproven" potshot...

and IMO, don't know why you guys are all agog over a sliver of white when the true problem with this stupid book is the puke green color and the fugly pic of the villain Count Nefaria...totally hate this issue... mad.gif If I could fina a 94 so miswrapped that it was ALL white or back cover up front so I wouldn't have to look at Nefaria's ugly mug or be nauseous due to the color scheme, then I'd pay $8K for it tongue.gif

Ewert is probably chastising the (0) and low rating scam sellers with that "unproven" potshot...

and IMO, don't know why you guys are all agog over a sliver of white when the true problem with this stupid book is the puke green color and the fugly pic of the villain Count Nefaria...totally hate this issue... mad.gif If I could fina a 94 so miswrapped that it was ALL white or back cover up front so I wouldn't have to look at Nefaria's ugly mug or be nauseous due to the color scheme, then I'd pay $8K for it tongue.gif

Ok when I find that copy I will let you know..... grin.gif

To assume any book that I release is a POS is a fallacy.

You misread my intentions, and I only meant that if a new set of CGC 9.6-9.8 copies came back, that the BSD's would skim the cream of the crop, and leave the low-QP, POS books for the open market.

So basically, few of the uber-high-QP CGC 9.6-9.8 "newly graded" copies ever see the light of EBay, and instead we get the runts of the litter, at least in terms of keys.

To assume any book that I release is a POS is a fallacy.

You misread my intentions, and I only meant that if a new set of CGC 9.6-9.8 copies came back, that the BSD's would skim the cream of the crop, and leave the low-QP, POS books for the open market.

So basically, few of the uber-high-QP CGC 9.6-9.8 "newly graded" copies ever see the light of EBay, and instead we get the runts of the litter, at least in terms of keys.

The important thing for me is that books in my collection look just as they did when they came off the presses. That means minty fresh structurally, no spine stresses, no dings, no date stamps, no writing, no distributor overspray, and nothing worse than Off-White pages. I will not tolerate any of the above, because they were not done at the time of production, and shatter the illusion of the book coming fresh off the presses.

Production flaws like mis-wraps and mis-cuts bother me least of all, as long as they are less than an 1/8 inch. I have sold a key book in CGC 9.4 (rare in that grade) with PERFECT Q.P. because it had a major spine ding that I could not tolerate. This ding would keep drawing my eye, make the book look tatty, and was a constant reminder that someone else had owned it, and mis-handled it post-production. If I could have exchanged that ding for a 1/8 back cover mis-wrap, it would have been a keeper.

r100comics.

That's all very well however when you get to very high grade 9.6 upwards I expect high qp as well. I woudnt want a book to be perfect and yet have a huge white spine showing or some awful miscut.. makepoint.gif

Faults like mis-wrap and mis-cut are inclusive in the grade. Steve Borock already said that Jason Ewert's 1/4 inch mis-wrapped Hulk 181 NM+ 9.6 would have been a 9.8 but for the mis-wrap. What that means is that if you are getting a 9.6 with poor Q.P. it is probably exceptional structurally.

As long as it does not take the eye away from the cover art (i.e. no worse than 1/8 inch), I still prefer production flaws like mis-wrap and mis-cut, to post-production flaws that shatter the "straight off the presses" illusion.

r100comics.

How many of the people on this forum even own an X-MEN #94 in 9.4 or above?

Stop crying about the cut of the book or the centering and let the CGC do the job. That is why we have universal grading. Understand? That is a killer book plain and simple.

I wonder who these people are who have time to critique everybook on line. Very sad.

Stop crying about the cut of the book or the centering and let the CGC do the job. That is why we have universal grading. Understand? That is a killer book plain and simple.

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

This book sucks the sweat off a dead monkey's butt. At least relative to the grade and insane price.

For $6K, I expect a book that looks as good as the label. Some just want a kewl label...

How many of the people on this forum even own an X-MEN #94 in 9.4 or above?

I wonder who these people are who have time to critique everybook on line. Very sad.

27_laughing.gif, you're cute. Now go sit back down with the sheep.

Money where my mouth is?

You might be suprised to know i own a 9.8 ASM #1 (yeah the one from 1963), a 9.8 X-MEN #1 9.4 FAN FOUR #1, 9.6 JIM #83, 9.6 TOS #39, 9.6 AVENGERS #1,

9.4 AMAZING FANTASY #15 9.6 DD #1 9.6 STRANGE TALES #101 9.6 TTA #35 and the highest graded copy of almost every other book in most of these runs.

What do you own sonny?

Money where my mouth is?

You might be suprised to know i own a 9.8 ASM #1 (yeah the one from 1963), a 9.8 X-MEN #1 9.4 FAN FOUR #1, 9.6 JIM #83, 9.6 TOS #39, 9.6 AVENGERS #1,

9.4 AMAZING FANTASY #15 9.6 DD #1 9.6 STRANGE TALES #101 9.6 TTA #35 and the highest graded copy of almost every other book in most of these runs.

What do you own sonny?

We need pics! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Money where my mouth is?

What do you own sonny?

Yea, I'm sure most of us would be surprised if you owned those books, especially considering you can't even spell "suprised".

How about this. Learn to disagree without insulting some of the best contributers on this board, contribute something positive to the forum, or get lost.

Money where my mouth is?

What do you own sonny?

Yea, I'm sure most of us would be surprised if you owned those books, especially considering you can't even spell "suprised".

How about this. Learn to disagree without insulting some of the best contributers on this board, contribute something positive to the forum, or get lost.

Unless he's playing the role for giggles, take a long look at his user name.