• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I started it off last year so I figured might as well this year too.

80 posts in this topic

Maybe someone will donate shipping as a prize this year, hm I do understand it gets expensive if you have to use a flat rate box overseas. There are a lot of people here, who love participating, but just can't afford an extra $40 for shipping, and with these economic times, I can understand that..

If someone reminds me, I'll volunteer to cover one overseas shipping in case it happens again, maybe someone else could also be a backup.

[/color]

From what I gather Anfield Fox even offered to pay for shipping and still the other party didn't want to send the raffle prize :(

New Avatar ? I miss Doom;)

I remember the exchange, I was watching that thread...Personally, I was of the opinion that he (the person donating) was embarrassed about not being able to afford the shipping, I didn't think it was an I hate anyone out of the US thingy...but I could be wrong...I oftimes, am;)

I just like giving people the benefit of the doubt and that WAS the impression I got...

Odd, but sometimes, men, seem to ...ummm...have pride issues;)

Maybe someone will donate shipping as a prize this year, hm I do understand it gets expensive if you have to use a flat rate box overseas. There are a lot of people here, who love participating, but just can't afford an extra $40 for shipping, and with these economic times, I can understand that..

If someone reminds me, I'll volunteer to cover one overseas shipping in case it happens again, maybe someone else could also be a backup.

From what I gather Anfield Fox even offered to pay for shipping and still the other party didn't want to send the raffle prize :(

Probably didn't want to walk into the Post Office. That's where we keep the Wanted posters here in the States. :insane:

:signfunny:

New Avatar ? I miss Doom;)

It's the Halloween avatar...all the cool kids are doing it (thumbs u

LINK

Doom will be back, I picked the Mummy because people tell me all the time I look like Imhotep doh!

I remember the exchange, I was watching that thread...Personally, I was of the opinion that he (the person donating) was embarrassed about not being able to afford the shipping, I didn't think it was an I hate anyone out of the US thingy...but I could be wrong...I oftimes, am;)

I just like giving people the benefit of the doubt and that WAS the impression I got...

Odd, but sometimes, men, seem to ...ummm...have pride issues;)

I don't remember it at all...but it could be a pride thing...I know some people react this way... Only thing I know is what Anfield wrote :

I would but what's the point when the person decides he can't be bothered to send your item you won in the raffle because you live abroad even when you offered to pick up shipping costs

The international thing bothers me as well...I entered last year and before the secret santa draw all I could think of was the poor sap that would draw me and have to ship to my country...fortunately I was someone I already knew pretty well :roflmao:

There are a lot of people here, who love participating, but just can't afford an extra $40 for shipping, and with these economic times, I can understand that..

are $40 really the cheapest way to ship to europe? i buy many comics from the USA and that seems a little bit high for 1 book.

what if we draw all forum members from europe seperate? or everbody who doesn't want to ship outside the USA will be assigned to US members only. just a thought... i will ship to USA btw (thumbs u

Hello, this thread was just pointed out to me, guess I missed it.

Yeah, if you will all have me again, I will gladly host the 2009 CGC Holiday Gift Exchange.

Details, rules forthcoming.

:hi:

Hello, this thread was just pointed out to me.

Yeah, if you will all have me I will gladly host the 2009 CGC Holiday Gift Exchange.

Details/rules forthcoming.

:mad:

Or Greggy can do it, that way he cannot complain. But he probably would anyways.

:D

:acclaim:

Greggy it is, lead on Greggy!

:jokealert:

Just calling your bluff, besides it just wouldn't be the Holidays if you didn't complain.

:foryou:

There are a lot of people here, who love participating, but just can't afford an extra $40 for shipping, and with these economic times, I can understand that..

are $40 really the cheapest way to ship to europe? i buy many comics from the USA and that seems a little bit high for 1 book.

what if we draw all forum members from europe seperate? or everbody who doesn't want to ship outside the USA will be assigned to US members only. just a thought... i will ship to USA btw (thumbs u

I think it was a bunch of books and would have required a flat rate box, which is about $37.50, an envelope is about $11.00, depending on where ( I haven't kept track of European shipping lately) But, I'll give up trying to defend some else's behavior;)

and

YEAH!! KENNY!!!;) :acclaim:

Or Greggy can do it, that way he cannot complain. But he probably would anyways.

:D

:acclaim:

Greggy it is, lead on Greggy!

:jokealert:

Just calling your bluff, besides it just wouldn't be the Holidays if you didn't complain.

:foryou:

:whistle:

When I ask for people to PM me their info I will ask them (if they live overseas) to supply the bestest, fastest, and cheapestest method of shipping. And pass that along to their gift giver.(if they indicated they will ship overseas)

All these types details will be in the Holiday thread when it's posted as there are bound to be lots of questions. We should hotlink the old thread so those who were not around can relive the hoopla, or madness depending on your perspective.

This year I am focusing on keeping it simple, and seeing how long that lasts! :roflmao:

When I ask for people to PM me their info I will ask them to (if they live overseas) to supply the best, fastest, and cheapest method of shipping. And pass that along to their gift giver.(if they indicated they will ship overseas)

All these types details will be in the Holiday thread when it's posted as there are bound to be lots of questions. We should hotlink the old thread so those who were not around can relive the hoopla, or madness depending on your perspective.

If anything, I should think a simple "willing to deliver prezzies internationally" check box and location info would suffice.

How does someone know if they live overseas? Overseas from where? (shrug)

Also, how would a person know the best method to ship to them? I know how to ship to other countries, but I haven't the faintest idea which shipping method would be most economical for a Kenyan to use when sending me something, or a Kentuckyan for that matter.

This year I am focusing on keeping it simple, and seeing how long that lasts! :roflmao:

I'm trying to help, honest! :grin:

Hello, this thread was just pointed out to me, guess I missed it.

Yeah, if you will all have me again, I will gladly host the 2009 CGC Holiday Gift Exchange.

Details, rules forthcoming.

Kenny,

Just in case you havnt heard it lately you rule!Looking forward to it.

Dennis