• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live.com Ebay discount back up to 30% as of 10/3/08

408 posts in this topic

I caught on to that too last night while discussing it with the wife...I basically said, what's to stop someone from listing an item(s) for $660.00 and using a BIN setup to scam Microsoft out of an easy $200.00 minus EBAY/PAYPAL fees?

Hmmmmmm...lol

10% return in 60 days with NOTHING changing hands.....

hm

Yep, I could but books from Timmay off ebay till I fill my limit at Live.com of $2500 in a year and just reimburse him for his ebay fees. I could get my wife to do it too and walk away with $5000 cash per year (minus Timmays ebay fees) Or just open multiple accounts and do it multiple times. I"m sure there are already people doing it, which will ruin the whole deal for the rest of us.

:takeit: and you could provide FREE SHIPPING :roflmao:

I'll have to re-read the fine print, Microsoft can not be this dumb....

P.S. you think the fees would add up to 20%? I was leaning towards 16% return and profit :wishluck: 200.00 x .60 = sweet deal

Now I know how the Congress can do it to us with a smile on their face ^^

:takeit: and you could provide FREE SHIPPING :roflmao:

I'll have to re-read the fine print, Microsoft can not be this dumb....

P.S. you think the fees would add up to 20%? I was leaning towards 16% return and profit :wishluck: 200.00 x .60 = sweet deal

Now I know how the Congress can do it to us with a smile on their face ^^

Max fees for both ebay and paypal combined are at or less than 10% total.

Too bad no one is selling reasonably priced IM Drek with a BIN.

:censored:

Sweet deal.....30% off and I can combine it with a 10% (100 max discount) EBAY promo code...40% of up to 600.00 purchase :D sweet.....might get that ASM 300 9.8 after all :D

what is the 10% promo code? does it work for anyone?

I used my 10% coupon today along with the 30% off.

Sweet deal.....30% off and I can combine it with a 10% (100 max discount) EBAY promo code...40% of up to 600.00 purchase :D sweet.....might get that ASM 300 9.8 after all :D

what is the 10% promo code? does it work for anyone?

I used my 10% coupon today along with the 30% off.

No 10% off discount for me... :boo:

If you figure out how to work this I would like to know. I dont really have much in mind to buy. But for the discount I am sure I can find something. I am just worried if they actually will reimburse the money.

If you figure out how to work this I would like to know. I dont really have much in mind to buy. But for the discount I am sure I can find something. I am just worried if they actually will reimburse the money.

Yeah, the program works fine (when the 30% off icon shows up while in ebay), but the icon isn't showing up, so I'd advise against buying anything with the hopes of 30% off until we can get it to show up after you click the live.com ad.

I will post again if I figure it out.

Yeah, the program works fine (when the 30% off icon shows up while in ebay), but the icon isn't showing up, so I'd advise against buying anything with the hopes of 30% off until we can get it to show up after you click the live.com ad.

I will post again if I figure it out.

Exactly. Don't buy expecting a MS cashback from ebay if you don't see that icon on the ebay auction.

MM - thanks for the confirmation of the missing icons. (thumbs u

You will receive a cash back confirmation notice from ebay through the ebay message service almost immediately. It took about 20 hours for the amount to show up in my live search account.

So you have to set up a live search account first before doing this?

Yes, set up a live search account first. Very simple and it allowed me to use my AOL address. Then, once you make the initial purchase, you click on the link from ebay and complete the live search account sign in.

I followed the step by step list that dekeuk posted on the first page of this thread. He has made it almost id-i-ot proof. After you click on buy it now and the confirmation screen appears, BE SURE THE 30% OFF ICON IS THERE BEFORE CONFIRMING. The 30% off icon will also be on the paypal confirm payment screen.

There may be differt ways to the process but this worked for me.