• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you open this?

35 posts in this topic

Should I open this and slab the Lois and Superboy? Or, is it better to keep them in the package. The middle comic is Inferior 5 last issue. I don't think the middle comic is worth much. I bought it mainly for the Lois.

Also, is this a "warehouse find" or actually still be wrapped from the 70's? I'm thinking it's not a warehouse find.

File9479.jpg

File9478.jpg

Unless you're sure the books will grade 9.8 or higher it's probably not worth it to slab them. The nostalgic factor of keeping them in the bag is much greater to me than the $$ value of slabbing them.

R.

Unless you're sure the books will grade 9.8 or higher it's probably not worth it to slab them. The nostalgic factor of keeping them in the bag is much greater to me than the $$ value of slabbing them.

R.

Agree 1000,000 percent!!! (thumbs u

I heart bagged comics.

I know its hard for anyone collecting comics currently, who didn't in the late seventies, early eighties to appreciate this, but when I was a little whippersnapper, the weekly trip to TG&Y or FRED'S was a big hairy deal. And on those occasions, if I was fortunate enough to have 1 or 2 dollars, I could buy 2 or 3 packs of bagged comics! The trick was to make sure you weren't buying the same ones in different bags, so you had to remember what you had, and also had to learn to bend the outer books to see the middle book!

good times.

I still have all those old duck and warner books.

That particular multipack along with a few others started showing up on eBay in 2002 from a seller in Ohio.

It may not have been a warehouse find per se but the seller had lots.

I personally have 2 of this particular pack.

what I still find absurd is the whopping discount these 3-fers offerred! A much better deal to just pick out 3 comics yo WANT THAN GET WHAT THEY GIVE YOU TO SAVE A PENNY. Even back then a penny was NOTHING TO FIGHT OVER.

caps lock

what I still find absurd is the whopping discount these 3-fers offerred! A much better deal to just pick out 3 comics yo WANT THAN GET WHAT THEY GIVE YOU TO SAVE A PENNY. Even back then a penny was NOTHING TO FIGHT OVER.

caps lock

the way I remember it, especially as it concerns the funny books, is that this was the only way you could buy them (locally, I'm not saying everywhere). I also remember them being cheaper in the bag than by the piece, so, I'm sure a different format.

R.

Agree 1000,000 percent!!! (thumbs u

Agree 1000,001 percent!!! (thumbs u