• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #4 Captain America Lives Again! fs

16 posts in this topic

20 bucks says your dad was reading it on the throne and damaged it trying to slide it back into the mylar.

Kev's folks moments after the mishap....

"No, don't glue it. Just put it back maybe he won't notice."

"He's got comic book OCD though..."

"You're right. Tell him a roach must have eaten it...."

"Nick up a couple other issues too, just for appearances."

Put a lock on that closet Kev!!!!!!!!!

Actually, when I was a kid and didn't know comics were collectible, my dad used to raid some of my Hulk comics to read in the bathroom!

Well that just seals it; I expect 20 in my Paypal account..........

Papa Roach, anyone?

I have a Batman 49 that something gnawed on, probably a mouse. Luckily I bought it CGC'd and knew about it rather than owning a nice copy only to find that some rodent chewed on it. Book still got a 7.0 from CGC. Some of my dad's baseball cards came out of his closet with some mice chews...including a Mantle.

sign-funnypost.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Actually, when I was a kid and didn't know comics were collectible, my dad used to raid some of my Hulk comics to read in the bathroom!

Don't laugh....my best friend growing up and still a fellow collector had "The Bathroom Collection". Lots of coverless and reprints, all for reading pleasure, piled in a basket next to the can. Those were the days.