• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #21 sinestro corps found?

19 posts in this topic

I recall a post about somebody purchasing the Ivan Reiss Sinestro Corps cover from spencer about a year ago and saying all that arrived was an empty box and they had to report it stolen. Apparently it is now on ebay from a big seller from Utah. I was upset when i heard it was stolen since i was saving up money to buy it in the first place and figured now i would never have a chance to buy it again. Well, i hope i am doing the right thing by (hopefully) somebody reading this and contacting the right parties to get this resolved.

-Thosegoodoldtimes

http://cgi.ebay.com/Green-Lantern-Cover-21-Orig-Ivan-Reis-Oclair-Albert_W0QQitemZ220291385403QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3985QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just noticed the auction too.

The big question I'm wondering is, since Spencer insures EVERYTHING he mails out, odds are Matt (the person whom this was stolen from) was issued a refund for his cover. Thus, does that meen the seller should in all reality return the cover to UPS whom has essentially paid for it? (This is assuming Matt recieved a refund through Spencer whom was in turn paid by UPS)

Also, it could just be the pic, but does this cover look way too yellow for a modern age cover?

I just noticed the auction too.

The big question I'm wondering is, since Spencer insures EVERYTHING he mails out, odds are Matt (the person whom this was stolen from) was issued a refund for his cover. Thus, does that meen the seller should in all reality return the cover to UPS whom has essentially paid for it? (This is assuming Matt recieved a refund through Spencer whom was in turn paid by UPS)

Also, it could just be the pic, but does this cover look way too yellow for a modern age cover?

Most likely it wasn't UPS that paid the claim, as several dealers have insurance policies covering shipments free of the shipping companies policies.

EDIT....I just found out UPS paid this claim....I thought Spencer used CIA.

C

Oh hey...check their terms. They know the Cover was lost or stolen....it's all they sell.

The NPS Store is a freight recovery company that buys and sells freight that has been lost or otherwise miss-directed in shipping. We are not dealers for the product we sell and therefore do not guarantee that manufacturers will honor their warranties.

C

I asked Spencer about this. The bottom line is that the Ebay seller is the clearance house UPS uses a few times a year to clear out their warehouse. Since the insurance claim was paid, UPS owns the art and can dispose of it however they like. So the auction is legit.

I'm just glad the cover wasn't lost to a thief or destroyed in the UPS art grinder... Obviously this has got to be disappointing for Matt that the cover he had wanted is now for sale on Ebay. I guess there's the possibility he could get it for less than he originally planned!!

The auction has been ended, as the item is no longer for sale.

Okay, get digging on this one. UPS wouldn't sell off ebay, that doesn't make sense, so for NPS/UPS to end it, I would think that someone offered a refund on the insurance cheque to get the piece.

I think right now the seller has recieved soooo many emails from us collectors telling them it's stolen goods that they just wanna get the mess sorted out before offering it out to the public.

(Okay, Im just trying to be optimistic because I really wanna bid on it lol)

Now, the new million dollar question is. How on earth, if this was being shipped within the same country, did the package get opened (matt recieved the envelope from Spencer but it was torn open and the art missing) but the artwork not get stolen and just got lost in a UPS warehouse. Was some monkey just curious what was in a couple packages, opened em up and forgot to put the contents back in?

Okay, get digging on this one. UPS wouldn't sell off ebay, that doesn't make sense, so for NPS/UPS to end it, I would think that someone offered a refund on the insurance cheque to get the piece.

Which might be really interesting if it wasn't fully insured when it was shipped :whistle:

Which might be really interesting if it wasn't fully insured when it was shipped :whistle:

It was... Spencer's pretty pickey about that.