• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

50k comics graded... per week?

46 posts in this topic

From today's newsletter from Mile High Chuck:

"In case you're wondering, I'm continuing to expand our crew because I am sticking to my goal of increasing our comics grading capacity to over 50,000 back issue comics and magazines per week by the end of 2008. My crystal ball is telling me that we are going to be offered some insanely great back issue comics deals by the end of this year. That having been said, however, if we do not have the processing and grading capacity to make our purchases immediately available to all of you via our website listings, then we are just tying up our working capital to no good purpose. With that thought in mind, I am setting into motion events today which I firmly believe will help us to capitalize on those great comics deals that are already on the horizon. It should be obvious, however, that I also need to keep selling comics to all of you in order to earn the working capital that we'll need to support those upcoming purchases."

If Mile High can grade 50k comics per week, why can't CGC??? (shrug)hm:insane:lol

If Mile High can grade 50k comics per week, why can't CGC??? (shrug)hm:insane:lol

Because Chuck has this guy as his grader...

So? CGC had this crew for the past few years:

haspellitchborock.jpg

Seems they could compete... freakin' hippies hm:banana:

"my goal of increasing our comics grading capacity to over 50,000 back issue comics and magazines per week by the end of 2008"-Chuck

That would be about 7500 per day.

In a ten hour day that would equal 750 per hour.

One book every five seconds!

WOW!

"my goal of increasing our comics grading capacity to over 50,000 back issue comics and magazines per week by the end of 2008"-Chuck

WOW!

Now see, that's why Chuck should run CGC. He'd be so far ahead of schedule, you'd recieve your graded book before you ever even sent it in. :P

WOW!

Now see, that's why Chuck should run CGC. He'd be so far ahead of schedule, you'd recieve your graded book before you ever even sent it in. :P

That's why I left, couldn't grade as fast as Chuck. I hear he will be at CGC by the end of the month and the will be 30 days ahead on the 15 day turn tier..... lol

J/K....Chuck happens to be one of my favorite people in the hobby!

WOW!

That's why I left, couldn't grade as fast as Chuck. I hear he will be at CGC by the end of the month and the will be 30 days ahead on the 15 day turn tier..... lol

J/K....Chuck happens to be one of my favorite people in the hobby!

:applause: (thumbs u

Actually, working this out, it's utter, utter bollocks.

If I put in a 10 hour day, and I'm working mainly on Copper/Moderns, I could probably push myself to do 300 books. If I work a six day week (60 hours without a break), that's 1,800 a week.

Which means that Chuck must have 28 employees doing nothing else other than grading books. Nothing else.

Christonabike, the man talks complete drivel. doh!

WOW!

You laugh but this is a great business idea to beat out CGC. Why even send them in. He can start the first grading service over the phone. The biggest expense for CGC is packing and shipping. So he'll just eliminate them. You tell him what your book looks like and a COA with a grade will be emailed right over. Seal it in special bags he will sell to you at a super cheap wholesale price and you have a service that even PGX couldn't beat. Put that bad boy on ebay and buyers will never have to put up with overgraded raw books again.

Actually, working this out, it's utter, utter bollocks.

If I put in a 10 hour day, and I'm working mainly on Copper/Moderns, I could probably push myself to do 300 books. If I work a six day week (60 hours without a break), that's 1,800 a week.

Which means that Chuck must have 28 employees doing nothing else other than grading books. Nothing else.

Christonabike, the man talks complete drivel. doh!

It's a lot faster to grade through the bag. Anyone can pound out that volume if they leave them in the bag. :gossip:

poor chuck seems to be getting a battering.

im just reading about his discovery of the Church collection.

when he sold those books at above guide he was doing it for us and all the dealers out there. money clearly wasnt the issue.

we should thank chuck that he struggled so hard to do this great deed for us. go chuck :acclaim:

poor chuck seems to be getting a battering.

im just reading about his discovery of the Church collection.

when he sold those books at above guide he was doing it for us and all the dealers out there. money clearly wasnt the issue.

we should thank chuck that he struggled so hard to do this great deed for us. go chuck :acclaim:

:censored: