• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for advice on best mylar bag choice....

6 posts in this topic

I was just looking on bcemylar.com and was wondering what would be the best option for 'affordable protection' of my Uncanny X-Men's (Iss 119-145) and a few nice earlier issues I have like some DDs in the issue 50 to 60 range and a sweet ASM 140:

Arklites (1mil - 7 3/8 x 10 1/2) $39 for 100

Comic-Gards™4 mil thick Mylar® D with 3/4" rounded corner cut tab (AND BTW, WHAT IS A 'ROUNDED CORNER CUT TAB'?) (4mil - 7 1/4 x 10 1/2) $30 for 50

OR

Time-Loks® 4 mil thick Mylar D® with pre-folded flap (4mil - 7 1/4 x 10 3/4) $54 for 50

Pros and Cons of each?

Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise!

A quick 'vote' for Bill Cole's wares... I've purchased at least 500 of the GA and SA mylars (4ml) from him in the past year or two, and they're the best. *If you opt to buy from him, the key is quantity; getting 50 or 100 at a time is not cost-effective, as his shipping charges are on the high side...but as you buy more, the shipping comes down significantly. If you're getting less than 200 mylars, I'd probably look elsewhere...