• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 Classic Covers - Tribute to the Golden Age

46 posts in this topic

Amidst the current carnage on Wall Street and deepening financial crisis, I continue to appreciate and welcome the “great escape” provided by our wonderful hobby.

For your viewing pleasure, I offer a personal tribute to GA Classic Covers—a photographic celebration entitled “Portraits of Valor” that I presented to a diverse group of hobbyists (collectors of rare coins, antique maps, vintage autographs, etc) to highlight the joys of GA comics collecting and a few of my treasured books.

Enjoy! :foryou:

2925017883_21feb66c05.jpg

taf2.jpg

I hope you enjoyed seeing this as much as I did putting it together. Market is down again today, but at least we have GA comics!

Respectfully,

GE

allright, count 'em up; which one of you big shots has the most of those covers?

Very nice work.

Billy Parker, do we need to see another shot of your collection from the skybox?

:kidaround:

I think one of the next big books I'd be in the Market for would be a Daring Mystery #1. Just love that Schommie cover. Man...

GE, is that All Winners #11 Banner's old book?

Is that Subby #4 the one I think it is? :baiting:

Great art work.

(thumbs u

GE, is that All Winners #11 Banner's old book?

Is that Subby #4 the one I think it is? :baiting:

(thumbs u

Yes, that's Banner's old AW #11, but the Subby #4 is the Rockford copy. You might be thinking of the Subby #2 that we looked at together...

Nearly a dozen were purchased from Forum members...kudos to them.

GE