• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg Buls leaves eBay for Clink

4 posts in this topic

:news:

Hello -

The auctions currently running on ebay are our last CGC ebay auctions (at least for the foreseeable future). You can see them HERE.

I know I've said recently that we intend to start listing more, but we have decided to change the direction of the business. We like ebay, and we like the customers we've met there. But we like comics more, and would prefer to spend all of our time actually working with books. So henceforth, we'll be selling all of our CGC items on COMICLINK.

Comiclink is an anonymous exchange, and is perfectly safe for both buyers and sellers - buyers pay Comiclink, and if sellers don't produce the item the buyer is refunded. That happens very rarely - they screen every seller. Sellers ship their books to CL, and if buyers don't pay, the books are sent back to the seller. That's part of our decision as well - security.

OPT IN: Because the exchange is anonymous, it won't be possible to see if books listed there are ours or not. But we'll list our books in chunks, likely every week or two. If you would like us to email you when we have posted a significant group of books, please reply to this email with "opt in" in the subject line, and we will add you to our new email list. The list will typically include a link to the items, and frequently a commentary.

Whether you opt in or not, please consider shopping with Comiclink, where your money is never at risk. They offer a much better selection of most titles than does ebay. Their periodic auctions are fantastic - typically around 2000 CGC books are listed in each auction, no reserve. And there's never a buyer's premium, unlike Heritage. The amount you bid is the amount you pay, period. They charge a very reasonable $14 shipping for up to three books, which beats most of what you find on ebay.

If you are a seller or planning to sell in the future, please consider using Comiclink. You'll find that you get more for your books, on average. And their selling fee is reasonable, a flat 10% on all books, with a $5 minimum.

Thank you again for your business. It's been a pleasure to deal with you, and I hope some of our books still find their way to you through Comiclink!

We wish you all the best.

Greg & Larry

S & V Collectibles

602-803-8068

Oh man, whenever I hear the name "Greg Buls" I think back to all that speculator rhetoric he used to spew in the early-90's, hyping up the investment potential of these can't-miss-chrome-gems. lol

I used to laugh at them then, and it's even funnier now. :roflmao: