• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, when IS the 'new Conan movie' coming?

81 posts in this topic

Now I really must be about my buisness.

Jonathan Swift wants me to eat poor Irish babies.

Socrates wants me to give way this illusionary existence for the Ultimate mover.

Jesus wants me to cut off my left arm, since it causes me to sin.

I really have quite a lot to do tonight, what with taking every great thinker at face value.

Mine eyes have seen the glory, Keith. I'm a convert to simplistic thinking.

I really have quite a lot to do tonight, what with taking every great thinker at face value.

Or you could take their closeted natures at face value and consider Milton an Arian.

I like the cinematography in begining when they are about to invade his village, the dogs and the men on the horses running through the snow, great stuff!

I liked the 1st movie as well. Especially when I was about 10.

I love the first Conan movie, 2nd one was ok but nowhere near as good as the 1st.

Conan 3 Red Sonja wasn't that great either, but I still liked it better than Conan 2

BTW - Nate, I want you to know I meant nothing personal by my posts. I am open to debate at all times, and not above "eating crow" should I need to. As a fan of both Howard & Tolkien, I DO welcome all points of view, even if I disagree with some of them. :foryou:

BTW - Nate, I want you to know I meant nothing personal by my posts. I am open to debate at all times, and not above "eating crow" should I need to. As a fan of both Howard & Tolkien, I DO welcome all points of view, even if I disagree with some of them. :foryou:

I just wanted to thank Keith publicly for working some stuff out with me privately.

A scholar and a gentleman. (thumbs u

I will post an update of Tolkien and allegory by Monday at the latest, Keith.

Have a great weekend everybody.

I second the comment hoping for a Basil Poledouris soundtrack. I used to play cello in a metropolitan symphony, and I asked the conductor to listen to Basil's score. What I had always know was then confirmed: this truly is a superbly-done score.

And I like the Javier pick for the actor--if only the filmn crew would read our forum!

I second the comment hoping for a Basil Poledouris soundtrack. I used to play cello in a metropolitan symphony, and I asked the conductor to listen to Basil's score. What I had always know was then confirmed: this truly is a superbly-done score.

And I like the Javier pick for the actor--if only the filmn crew would read our forum!

I used to play the boardgame Risk with a very good friend of mine. We would often play at his apartment and this guy was trained in classical guitar. He had a great sound system to listen to while we played, complete with remote.

When it was his turn, he would turn on the Conan soundtrack. Put a big smile on his face, and make the sword motions.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

When it was my turn, he would play some piece that sounded like chickens coming out for feed. Very cornpone, very whimsical and absurd.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Even though it got old fast, now, every time I think about it, I laugh. It was pretty funny in retrospect. He passed away a handful of years ago, far too young.

It's a great soundtrack. (thumbs u