• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i just can'i figure heritage auctions out

12 posts in this topic

can somene please try to explain this round of herutage auctions to me?

I'm looking at the books in the DC lot, session 5 that closes on Heritage website tonight, friday at 11 pm eastern time.

Then E-bay has it lsred at closing saturday ,1 pm eastern time.

And then it goes to a live floor?...I so confused they keep emailing me info on how to use online bidding, but when i ask them questions they confuse me moore.

'm looking at the books in the DC lot, session 5 that closes on Heritage website tonight, friday at 11 pm eastern time.

Just stick to bidding on the Heritage website, and you'll be fine. Get your bids in before tonight at 11:00 and keep your fingers crossed. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Heritage's website closes tonight, but shows the actual high bid amount (or reserve).

Tomorrow before the auction starts live, you can bid on eBay but you don't know what the high bid or reserve is. I have, and this never worked, bidding an amount below what it showed on Heritage's website that I KNEW was a RESERVE amount and not an actual bid. As I said, I never won, and in most cases the reserve was never met.

Lastly, you can then bid live on the auction on eBay. You will not know exactly when any particular lot is up for auction, so you have to watch the bidding live. I have never done bid live, but I have watched the bidding live to see if I won any books.

Good Luck.

so what you are all basicaly saying is to bid on the heritage sitre, cross your fingers , and forget the e-bay and live bidding.?

That's what I did....I bid my max using proxy on the Heritage site, checked daily and saw that I was still the high bidder today when the bidding closed (original art).

The Ebay auction is still open for a few hours..so maybe I'll check 'my' items there later and if I'm still the high bidder, hope that nobody will outbid me on the floor...

Guess I'll find out when I wake up first thing in the morning... confused-smiley-013.gif

so what you are all basicaly saying is to bid on the heritage sitre, cross your fingers , and forget the e-bay and live bidding.?

You can phone in live bids.

I called to ask about live bidding by phone, and they told me the volume on this auction was too high and they wern't going to do it.

Is it worth it to snipe the auction? Since there is a live floor auction anyways, I wonder if it even worth it to bid at the Heritage site at the last second...???

It makes no sense to really snipe, because like you said the live auction follows. Unless you wish to snipe to prevent higher bids from other online bidders before auction ends.