• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mis-wraps this bad should be disqualified from 9.8 status

38 posts in this topic

The seller probably does, that is why he is dumping that 9.8 lol
Can't have a well centered copy of that book without the 9 being cut off, Greek (shrug)

So a well centered copy would get a .8 from CGC?

Correct, tall lanky geeky Texan
:cool:

but are they graded 9.8 by cgc?
Plus, having the 9 doesn't mean that it's well centered. It just means that it's miswrapped to the back. :acclaim:

Plus, having the 9 doesn't mean that it's well centered. It just means that it's miswrapped to the back. :acclaim:

Dorkus Maximus.

You know I'm right. :acclaim:

Dorkus Maximus.

Unfortunately for you, being right does not, in the least, lessen dorkiness.

Dorkus Maximus.

:acclaim: to dorkiness and :acclaim::acclaim: for being right.

Dorkus Maximus.

:acclaim: to dorkiness and :acclaim::acclaim: for being right.

(worship)

Just got this in the post today. Picked up as an extra from a comiclink auction. When I'm paying shipping for 1 to 3 books, it feels like a waste to only get 1 you see. Came in well under GPA presumably because of the funky angle. Will be shamelessly flipped.

xmen91cgc94oww-1.jpg

Why? it is manufactured like that.

So if a book was torn apart by the pressing machine, then sold, it too deserves a 9.8 if structurally consistent with its "off the presses" condition? :screwy::screwy:

Comics are the only graded collectible I know where production defects are NOT taken into consideration.

So if a book was torn apart by the pressing machine, then sold, it too deserves a 9.8 if structurally consistent with its "off the presses" condition? :screwy::screwy:

Comics are the only graded collectible I know where production defects are NOT taken into consideration.

Of course not. Don't be silly. If it's torn in half, then you would have two 9.8s. (thumbs u

It was not damaged by handling/storing/reading and completely deserving of the 9.8.

Tell that to a sports card collector. I don't collect them but I know the Gretzky rookie is notorious for not being centered correctly.

yes I could care less what sport card collectors think about what a 9.8 comic should look like.

And I may add a comic is not a single sheet of cardboard but multiple wraps placed together much more difficult to manufacture.

An off center cover is no comparison to a destroyed book being sent out to the newstands. Come on Vince, give me a break.