• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mis-wraps this bad should be disqualified from 9.8 status

38 posts in this topic

Up for auction

You can't even see the issue number on this copy (it is cut off). But it is so poorly laid out I suppose that if you could see the issue number, the word ALL NEW would be cut off

I wish CGC would take a page out of the sports card and postage stamp collectors world and realize that CENTERING COUNTS in grading.

If you can't see the issue number it should not be 9.8 2c

1.1223742180.379.jpg

issues like that really boil my pizz. :mad:

the cover is everything to me (and to all of us i suppose when slabbed) and poor production like this should be penalised. (i said penal huh huh)

Why? it is manufactured like that.

It was not damaged by handling/storing/reading and completely deserving of the 9.8.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Plus, given the way the cover is designed, you're not going to see the 9 unless it gets miswrapped to the BC. The spine line isn't that off.

The seller probably does, that is why he is dumping that 9.8 lol
Can't have a well centered copy of that book without the 9 being cut off, Greek (shrug)

Can't have a well centered copy of that book without the 9 being cut off, Greek (shrug)

So a well centered copy would get a .8 from CGC?

So a well centered copy would get a .8 from CGC?

Correct, tall lanky geeky Texan