• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Suggestions

12 posts in this topic

I commented in another post that I like to get away from Marvel and DC from time to time. Does anybody have any recommedations for good reads outside of the big 2? I am currently picking up Street Fighter from Image and that's it. Why SF? I loved it back in the day. Way too many quarters were lost to those machines. I guess SF is my personal GI Joe or Transformers. Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Russ

Do you include Wildstorm/ABC/Homage/Vertigo in the Big 2? (DC in particular)

If not, I can recommend--

- Y the Last Man

- 100 Bullets

- Global Frequency

- League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (finished now)

- Promethea (about to be finished)

- Astro City (erratic publishing to date-- going forward, this is expected to be issued in batches of mini-series)

Yes. I did include Vertigo with DC. Should have mentioned that. I pick up Y and Fables already. As a matter of fact, I just read Fables: The Last Castle a few days ago and loved it. I have read LXG Vol 1 and enjoyed it also. I need to pick up vol2. I have been aware of Busiek's Astro City but have not picked it up yet. I think I will look for that tomorrow when I hit the LCS. As far as Promethea goes, I am way behind on Moore's stuff. Need to get back into the groove there. Thanks for the response!

Russ

Way too many quarters were lost to those machines. .

I have all the fun games on PSX/PSX2 (SF, SF2, SF vs Marvel, SF vs Capcom) but no one to play against frown.gif Next time you are around, we can have some SF tournaments at my place and whoop on Chrisco.. devil.gif

Way too many quarters were lost to those machines. .

I have all the fun games on PSX/PSX2 (SF, SF2, SF vs Marvel, SF vs Capcom) but no one to play against frown.gif Next time you are around, we can have some SF tournaments at my place and whoop on Chrisco.. devil.gif

Well, I spent my childhood getting whooped up on Street Fighter style by Hobbes, so I want none of that. But, I would like a chance to scissor kick or Shoryuken punch Chirsco. So, if this WWE style rumble ever takes place I want some of that action.

Oh yeah, one more thing...

Try Powers by Bendis and Oeming (its put out by Image). Easily one of the best books that I read on a month to month basis.

100 Bullets - Buy all the trades

Preacher - Buy all the trades

893applaud-thumb.gif Just finished Preacher. What a great series that was! I mean, every time you thought it was as demented as any one thing could be, it got WORSE.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

And 100 Bullets is terrific... ooo! And you should pick up Bendis' GNs from Image: Fire, Torso, Fortune & Glory, etc. (I haven't read Goldfish or Jinx yet, but the others are GREAT!)