• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the best dealer you have ever dealt with???

155 posts in this topic

Gerry Ross.

He always had a huge selection of seemingly such high grade books, always priced, um, interestingly!

WOW! That guy was soooo crooked he was not allowed dealer membership because we thought he would switch peoples books. You are the only person I have ever heard from that did not think he was a piece of :censored:

:gossip: Unless they are moderns, I would have you books checked for restoration.

Didn't he have that octopus like logo with him flailing comics books..., like a three card monte game?

It was a bad fanboy-type drawing of himself (goatee?), with multiple hands holding books, no?

Gerry Ross.

He always had a huge selection of seemingly such high grade books, always priced, um, interestingly!

WOW! That guy was soooo crooked he was not allowed dealer membership because we thought he would switch peoples books. You are the only person I have ever heard from that did not think he was a piece of :censored:

:gossip: Unless they are moderns, I would have you books checked for restoration.

Didn't he have that octopus like logo with him flailing comics books..., like a three card monte game?

It was a bad fanboy-type drawing of himself (goatee?), with multiple hands holding books, no?

Yeah - that "switching books" comment gave me a great mental image from the past :thumbsup:

An LCS owner named Andy Brast where I went to University. He had the most amazing copies of old Superman books from his personal collection. I think he read them once and stored them after that. He let me have them at a really good price, and I still have them today. After that, I'd probably have to say Bob Storms.

BTW, anyone know who ebay seller amazing-adventures is? I've bought some books from them in the past year and their grading is soooooooo conservative that I'm always impressed whenever I buy books from them.

Gerry Ross.

Yeah - that "switching books" comment gave me a great mental image from the past :thumbsup:

Um...did I REALLY need to insert this smiley: :jokealert: after that comment? lol:insane:

Steve, you should read my post in the Gold forum archives about the LCS franchise we bought from him in 1989... :makepoint:

BlazingBob.

Bob Storms is a stand up guy with great prices. I go to two major shows wizard L.A and SDCC and always buy from him first. (thumbs u

Plus, unlike Metro, Bob actually accepts offers. :thumbsup:

Gerry Ross.

Um...did I REALLY need to insert this smiley: :jokealert: after that comment? lol:insane:

Steve, you should read my post in the Gold forum archives about the LCS franchise we bought from him in 1989... :makepoint:

You never gave us part 2 of the story, dork. :shy:

honorable mentions to my LCS owner, Ken Stribling!!!!! He would win the gold star but he can't seem to find his SA backstock! lol

I sold him that store in Ridgeland in 1998, was Omega Comics then, now Action Island.

I know where he used to keep alot of his stuff. Shhhh....its a secret though.

I have to say Richard (Bedrock) and Joe Vereneault (JHV associates). Both of these guys are extremely easy to talk to. They seem to treat all customers with the same amount of respect and top notch customer service. They are both very knowledgeable, grade accurately and price realistically.

Gerry Ross.

Hmm... I too have heard of nothing but bad things about that man as a dealer. So bad in fact that I refuse to entertain the notion of doing business with him...

Gerry Ross.

That's him alright. WOW - I had no idea is bad rep was so widespread....

BlazingBob.

Bob Storms is a stand up guy with great prices. I go to two major shows wizard L.A and SDCC and always buy from him first. (thumbs u

Plus, unlike Metro, Bob actually accepts offers. :thumbsup:

hm He hasn't seen any of mine yet.

Gerry Ross.

:sorry: