• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the best dealer you have ever dealt with???

155 posts in this topic

no right ot wrong answers.....just curious which dealer gives you the best package deal consisting of: fair pricing, honesty, make sense return policy, accurate raw book grading, great customer service, and genuine concern with your happiness as their customer / your purchases.

I'll go 1st -- Marnin Rosenberg \ Collectors Assemble

Brian Peets - A-1 Comics

He once offered to help me get a refund from another dealer if a book I have purchased a few days earlier at the local convention was missing pages.

Honorable mention definitely goes to Flaming_Telepath. Although I don't know if he counts as a dealer in the strictest sense of the word. Plus several board buddies, but they don't fit the dealer definition either.

James Payette!

All of the things you mentioned plus a very conservative grader. I got a few 7.5's that he graded 6.0

He was the first guy I thought of. His grading is excellent, and every book that I've bought from him I agreed with the grade and believed that CGC would as well. That is what I'm looking for in a dealer. (thumbs u

Andy

John Verzyl. Fair enough pricing (not a bargain), but always worked hard to find the books we were after. Also, offered good advice, but above all really seemed to care about the customers. Heck, 25 years after buying my last book from him, he still remembered what my dad and I collected - and promptly offered me a deal on a NM- Blackhawk #9.

I dealt with him out of Comic Haven in Alhambra in the early '80s. My dad got the home tour with all the out-of-this-world Green Lanterns and All-Americans.

Bill Ponsetti.

I knew of him and his store for years prior. But I distinclty remember him treating me as if I mattered when we met, and it led to me buying over $300.00 worth of Spidey books from him at Coast Con around 1991. And me a poor college kid to boot. :applause:

honorable mentions to my LCS owner, Ken Stribling!!!!! He would win the gold star but he can't seem to find his SA backstock! lol

Stephen Ritter.

Richard Evans would be a close second, but I have never actually bought anything from him. lol

funny you should say this ( type this )...I was thinking the same thing when I started this thread hm

Bought from him before a few years ago in Chicago. Great to deal with and the books were outta sight. (thumbs u

Gerry Ross.

He always had a huge selection of seemingly such high grade books, always priced, um, interestingly!

WOW! That guy was soooo crooked he was not allowed dealer membership because we thought he would switch peoples books. You are the only person I have ever heard from that did not think he was a piece of :censored:

:gossip: Unless they are moderns, I would have you books checked for restoration.

D. W. Howard... Super Giant Comics. Don't think he's around anymore, but he is the dealer that taught me how to grade, and taught me a LOT about the history of the hobby, introduced me to Golden Age, sold me books at a nice discount all through my teens, and let me keep a HUGE backlog that I might've cleaned out twice a year... Haven't seen or heard from him since the mid-nineties...

Gerry Ross.

He always had a huge selection of seemingly such high grade books, always priced, um, interestingly!

WOW! That guy was soooo crooked he was not allowed dealer membership because we thought he would switch peoples books. You are the only person I have ever heard from that did not think he was a piece of :censored:

:gossip: Unless they are moderns, I would have you books checked for restoration.

Didn't he have that octopus like logo with him flailing comics books..., like a three card monte game?