• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 2--Terrence Howard Out, Don Cheadle In

15 posts in this topic

Terrence is more of a brooder. Don will give the character more life and add some much needed humor. It seemed that Robert had to provide all the humorous lines in the first movie.

So they told his origin in the first movie which always makes a good story for superhero movies. What do you do in the second film to keep up the excitement?

You kill him. Then in the third you start a big search for him. And in the fourth you have him talk to dolphins... (thumbs u :baiting:

Hey, it's better than battling Lex Luthor over some new island in the Pacific every other time... :kidaround:

I would have seen it anyway, but I am a fan of Don Cheadle. I think he is an excellent actor.

He is...but not someone I'd think of portraying Rhodes. But then again I wasn't too thrilled with Howard's portrayal. Rhodes seems more of 10-years ago Denzel...

Jim

If they do a 3 arc movie,

they could make this one the height of his hubris, his alcoholic breakdown, Rhodes donning the armour. with Tony comicng back at the very end.

And 3 a giant finale.

He is...but not someone I'd think of portraying Rhodes. But then again I wasn't too thrilled with Howard's portrayal. Rhodes seems more of 10-years ago Denzel...

But lacking Denzel's charm. Cheadle is an upgrade for this role over Howard, he's much less of a "brooder." And he's already well-established as a supporting actor from Boogie Nights, Crash, Ocean's 11/12/13, and Hotel Rwanda.

Cheadle is pretty good. I thought he was funny in the Oceans Movies and showed depth in that one where he was in the Middle East.

I totally agree with the 3-part story arc idea as mentioned above. I just think that maybe a new actor like Cheadle should be in one more Iron Man movie before being the one of leading stars of one. So I'd make it a 4-part saga.

But lacking Denzel's charm. Cheadle is an upgrade for this role over Howard, he's much less of a "brooder." And he's already well-established as a supporting actor from Boogie Nights, Crash, Ocean's 11/12/13, and Hotel Rwanda.

and wasn`t he in that Golden Girls spinoff