• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is pressing detectable 100% of the time? 50% of the time?

250 posts in this topic

Where's FatComicMafia? :popcorn:

Sitting back laughing that showcase-4 was gullible enough to take his sh*t stirring idea and run with it.

Hey Dr. A-hole jerk Watson..........I've got some science for you. Why don't you take a large, wooden handled garden rake, and stick it aggressively and quickly into your rectum? ( oh, I forgot....he'd probably like that too much for it to be some form of punishment :gossip: )

Well now that is they way to get a thread pulled.

:eek:

Sitting back laughing that showcase-4 was gullible enough to take his sh*t stirring idea and run with it.

Hey Dr. A-hole jerk Watson..........I've got some science for you. Why don't you take a large, wooden handled garden rake, and stick it aggressively and quickly into your rectum? ( oh, I forgot....he'd probably like that too much for it to be some form of punishment :gossip: )

Good evening, Steve. Let's see, the last time I saw you... you were wandering around outside Rich Henn's house drunk and trying to find your car. I see you made it home safe. :hi:

Didn't Steve B say that bad press jobs are down-graded accordingly? So if the grade accurately reflects the bad press job, why the need to ID bad press jobs?

Even good press jobs can be detected if the most ideal candidate wasn't used beforehand. The imperfections are still there but harder to notice...

Jim

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Didn't Steve B say that bad press jobs are down-graded accordingly? So if the grade accurately reflects the bad press job, why the need to ID bad press jobs?

Even good press jobs can be detected if the most ideal candidate wasn't used beforehand. The imperfections are still there but harder to notice...

Jim

Fairly true. But with the better ones, there are still clues.

And there are just so many obvious pressed 9.2-9.6's and I usually get sick when I noticed them. And I have seen thousands of books.

Also, I previously owned some wherehouse copies of some early amazing spidey's, and they were stacked for 35+ years, and they have a different type of look in comparison to most pressing.

Nahhhh........the thread is legit, and will be fine. I just do not tolerate unprovoked sucker punches from cyber-sissies (thumbs u

Good evening, Steve. Let's see, the last time I saw you... you were wandering around outside Rich Henn's house drunk and trying to find your car.I see you made it home safe. :hi:

:roflmao:

Good evening, Steve. Let's see, the last time I saw you... you were wandering around outside Rich Henn's house drunk and trying to find your car.I see you made it home safe. :hi:

:roflmao:

I missed you that night Arex........ :luhv: <3

Jim

Sure Scott...

I'll get away from the comics have a certain common "feel" to them after pressing and focus on you can actually see the defects that were pressed out if you put the book at an angle under a bright light. You'll see the creases that more look like lines now. Back covers are great for this.

Jim

I don't think there is a way to distinguish a book that has pressed by stacking, a la Edgar Church, or pressed by a dry mount press. Only if the heat warps the book or deforms it in some way would you be able to tell, I think. And in those cases there may be ways of reproducing those same effects by bad storage practices.

Nahhhh........the thread is legit, and will be fine. I just do not tolerate unprovoked sucker punches from cyber-sissies (thumbs u

I saw you at Bob Storm's booth earlier on Saturday and I thought that judging by the picture in your sig line that you had put on a little weight. Of course my next thought was, "Boy, he sure does have a purdy mouth."

I saw you at Bob Storm's booth earlier on Saturday and I thought that judging by the picture in your sig line that you had put on a little weight. Of course my next thought was, "Boy, he sure does have a purdy mouth."

:sick:

well well well......the "how detectable is pressing" thread is off to an interesting start tonight, now isn't it? lol

well well well......the "how detectable is pressing" thread is off to an interesting start tonight, now isn't it? lol

:doh:

Don't you ever wonder why you are followed around by so much scandal...the 'shilling', the multiple eBay IDs, the NOD 'issue', the Kent Meridith meltdown...and why you have so many run-ins with so many boarders?

It's because you are one prize tit. :gossip:

Don't you ever wonder why you are followed around by so much scandal...the 'shilling', the multiple eBay IDs, the NOD 'issue', the Kent Meridith meltdown...and why you have so many run-ins with so many boarders?

:hail:

fine...then I'll quit the Boards tonight for good.........happy?

Jim

Sure Scott...

I'll get away from the comics have a certain common "feel" to them after pressing and focus on you can actually see the defects that were pressed out if you put the book at an angle under a bright light. You'll see the creases that more look like lines now. Back covers are great for this.

Jim

If that's what you're talking about, you aren't looking at a book that was pressed correctly.