• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Nedors, and I'll show you mine...
2 2

175 posts in this topic

Great books. I especially love the early Startlings! cloud9.gif

I assume you must mean the early Excitings since they featured the Black Terror. The early Startlings featured the Fighting Yank. The Startlings appear to be a better value right now since they are priced quite a bit cheaper in guide in comparison to the Excitings.

In fact, I still remember not long ago when both Exciting #9 and Startling #10 were priced around the same in guide. Now the guide has the Exciting #9 at the lofty price of $12K with the Startling #10 falling substantially behind at only $4.5K. I guess this explains why copies of Exciting #9 have shown up in the marketplace quite often and yet no copies of Startling #10 have shown up for the past several years.

Anybody have a high grade copy for sale at around the guide price! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Great books. I especially love the early Startlings! cloud9.gif

I assume you must mean the early Excitings since they featured the Black Terror. The early Startlings featured the Fighting Yank.

I thought he mean't the EARLY Startlings I posted which feature Captain Future. shy.gif

I used to have reallly nice copies of Startling 12, 13, &14. Kinda wish I had those back...

I think I remember you selling these somewhere years ago!?! how's that for vague. acclaim.gif

Timely

Hey Timely... Do you happen to have a scan of a Startling Comics 38? Also... I'm thinking about getting a Startling Comics 48 (love the Schomburg cover) that is around a 3.0/3.5... what is a good price for that one? I'm just not good for pricing on GA comics since the oldest comic I currently own is an X-Men 8 blush.gif

I used to have reallly nice copies of Startling 12, 13, &14. Kinda wish I had those back...

I think I remember you selling these somewhere years ago!?! how's that for vague. acclaim.gif

Timely

Yeah, I can't remember if I sold them through eBay or a CBG ad. Either way, it was years before CGC was on the scene.

The Startling #13 was the first Nedor I ever purchased. It was at the San Diego Con(in the old convention center), and it was a beautiful copy that I paid a whopping $90 for. A few weeks later I called Sparkle City and purchased every Nedor they had from the war years, mostly mid-grades for $20-$30 each.

I'm pretty sure that the Startling #12(nice Hitler cover) came from Metro for about $110. They currently have two Nedors that I'd like to have, one is $1000, the other is $1900. Yikes.

Ah, the good ole' days...

The only Startling I have is #35. On Startling #48 it's a classic cover, expect to pay over guide in any grade.

Timely

Figures... first GA that I truely want to buy and I'm gonna pay guide pluse tonofbricks.gif

Granted... I guess it also means I picked a good one grin.gif

I'm thinking about getting a Startling Comics 48 (love the Schomburg cover) that is around a 3.0/3.5...

Metro has a G/VG for $90, a VG+ for $135, and a NM- for $1600.

And guess what! They have a VF/NM Startling #12 for $1150. I wonder if it's the same copy I bought from them a decade or so ago for $110...

I really gotta find a better paying job.

Seems impossible to assess from the scan. The bottom of the book is completely cut off so no way to assess the rest of the condition. frown.gif

Luckily 3 days left so shoot them an email and request a larger, full scan of the whole thang!

Luckily 3 days left so shoot them an email and request a larger, full scan of the whole thang!

Done... thumbsup2.gif

Now if only I could request a pic of the one that Metro has. As I understand it they only send scans for items over $500 frown.gifsumo.gif

Done... thumbsup2.gif

Now if only I could request a pic of the one that Metro has. As I understand it they only send scans for items over $500 frown.gifsumo.gif

Ask them anyway - and they have been adding live scans of their books so if you haven;t looked in a while peek back to their web site!

Done... thumbsup2.gif

Ask them anyway - and they have been adding live scans of their books so if you haven;t looked in a while peek back to their web site!

Count on no less than a half grade over-grade from Metropolis.