• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Open Letter to the Moderators re: Pulling Threads

85 posts in this topic

Caught the start of that thread. Would be interested to know what I missed.

Someone please PM me the info before my mind becomes overwhelmed by thoughts of conspiracy....

What would be different about that than any other thread you read? :baiting::gossip:

Most other threads...I already know that the conspiracy theories are true.

I heard that marijuana makes you paranoid. Is this true?

Says so in the FAQ link at the top of the page.

I don't know who's lying and who's telling the truth, but I do know that the post by the guy who was not vouched for read like a textbook example of the writing from a pathological liar.

Hey guy, name-drop much? Inflate your own self-worth and aggrandise your accomplishments, possessions and interpersonal interactions much? Drop sixty words where three would do just fine much?

Not that I'm in the know or nothing. Just sayin, is all

I don't know who's lying and who's telling the truth, but I do know that the post by the guy who was not vouched for read like a textbook example of the writing from a pathological liar.

Hey guy, name-drop much? Inflate your own self-worth and aggrandise your accomplishments, possessions and interpersonal interactions much? Drop sixty words where three would do just fine much?

You referring to this part in his statement lol

Over the last few years I have spent time in the homes and riding on mega yachts with people like Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez, Gary Carter, Clinton Portis, Jevon Kearse, Fletcher Jones,Dale Earnhardt Sr., just to name a few. I have had very good relationships with people like Ike Perlmutter (Owner of Marvel Comics and the company’s CEO), whose home I’ve spent well over 100 hours in. I built a great relationship with Ike and his wife Laura, and even though they don’t celebrate X-Mas,(Jeweish) they liked me enough to give me an amazing X-Mas gift, acutal original pieces of film from the Spider-Man 2 movie that they had custom framed. I’ve also sat in his office while he purchased the rights to make certain Marvel films while talking to Avi Arad over the telephone.

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. That I can certainly understand. But why not tell us that?

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period. I understand and believe this as well, Paul. But if this gentleman may have engaged in impropriety so as to make himself a witness when he would not otherwise be allowed to be a witness, that, to me, is worth getting to the bottom of.

Over the last few years I have spent time in the homes and riding on mega yachts with people like Tiger Woods, Alex Rodriguez, Gary Carter, Clinton Portis, Jevon Kearse, Fletcher Jones,Dale Earnhardt Sr., just to name a few. I have had very good relationships with people like Ike Perlmutter (Owner of Marvel Comics and the company’s CEO), whose home I’ve spent well over 100 hours in. I built a great relationship with Ike and his wife Laura, and even though they don’t celebrate X-Mas,(Jeweish) they liked me enough to give me an amazing X-Mas gift, acutal original pieces of film from the Spider-Man 2 movie that they had custom framed. I’ve also sat in his office while he purchased the rights to make certain Marvel films while talking to Avi Arad over the telephone.

What about Gary Coleman? (shrug)

Someone please PM me the info before my mind becomes overwhelmed by thoughts (shrug) of conspiracy....

What would be different about that than any other thread you read? :baiting::gossip:

I have no doubt it would make you extremely paranoid. Me...not so much.

Someone please PM me the info before my mind becomes overwhelmed by thoughts (shrug) of conspiracy....

lol crack makes you paranoid! :devil:

I had a couple of meetings this morning and when I checked the Boards this afternoon, the concretecomics/Bret Leuzinger thread was gone. While I can acknowledge that the content was inflammatory and borderline unbelieveable, yanking the thread is inexcusable.

As one that avidly collects Signature Series books, I was shocked and mortified by what I was reading. I waited, hoping that CGC would provide additional information or add something to the sordid tale. Apparently, I am to be disappointed.

I would have no problem were the thread locked, preferrably locked pending an official CGC response. But to yank the thread is an irresponsible action. And it makes CGC look as though it is more worried about a black eye than it is clearing up a serious problem with one of its products. It is a product, I might add that many of us spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars a year upon. It is a product, I might also add, that is completely dependent upon the unassailability of its guaranty of authenticity.

CGC, this is your Board. Obviously, you are free to do with it as you please. It is, however, important to understand that not all of us will be distracted by shiny objects or the next pressing thread. I, for one, am, and will remain, very interested in undersatanding what really happened with that Lee signing, and with Leutzinger/c0mic B00ks. The thread is gone. The questions remain.

Sincerely,

Sean

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. At least CGC has been told there will be litigation. This is a dispute between 2 people where CGC got dragged into the middle. There are many false statements being thrown around.

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period.

(worship)

That's because the insulin dive from the alcohol renders you comatose. :gossip:

I am not saying he met all these people, but "regular Joes" who are in a position to meet celebrities, absolutely LOVE to name drop. I've known entertainment lawyers who will sit there for 10 minutes telling you about all the famous people they've met, as if their greatness will somehow rub off on him too. meh

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. That I can certainly understand. But why not tell us that?

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period. I understand and believe this as well, Paul. But if this gentleman may have engaged in impropriety so as to make himself a witness when he would not otherwise be allowed to be a witness, that, to me, is worth getting to the bottom of.

That claim should be listed under "False Statements". If it was true, of course we would address it. Quickly.

:applause::applause::applause:

It's not even the string of famous and semi-famous people. It's the things like "mega yachts."

Say it again, with me;

mega.

yachts.

I dunno, maybe that's all the new rage amongst the jet-set illuminati these days. It's no longer sufficient for one to refer to his or her Palmer Johnson 120-footer, one must throw a secondary - some might say redundant or even vestigial - adjective in there, like "mega" or "ultra" or even in rare cases "super-duper-extreme-booyaaaa"

Over the last few years I have spent time in the homes and riding on mega yachts with people like Dale Earnhardt Sr., I built a great relationship with Ike and his wife Laura, and even though they don’t celebrate X-Mas,(Jeweish)

Someone better tell the Earnhardt estate because no one has spent time with Dale Sr over the last few years....he's been dead almost 8 years.

Also... Jeweish? (shrug) is that anything like Jewish?

C