• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Open Letter to the Moderators re: Pulling Threads

85 posts in this topic

Caught the start of that thread. Would be interested to know what I missed.

Someone please PM me the info before my mind becomes overwhelmed by thoughts (shrug) of conspiracy....

What would be different about that than any other thread you read? :baiting::gossip:

Most other threads...I already know that the conspiracy theories are true.

I heard that marijuana makes you paranoid. Is this true?

I have no doubt it would make you extremely paranoid. Me...not so much.

That's because the insulin dive from the alcohol renders you comatose. :gossip:

Comatose.... :cloud9:

You referring to this part in his statement lol

Over the last few years I have spent time in the homes and riding on mega yachts with people like Dale Earnhardt Sr., I built a great relationship with Ike and his wife Laura, and even though they don’t celebrate X-Mas,(Jeweish)

Someone better tell the Earnhardt estate because no one has spent time with Dale Sr over the last few years....he's been dead almost 8 years.

Also... Jeweish? (shrug) is that anything like Jewish?

C

need there be anymore said on the ravings of a :screwy:

Today I went to a website and read that some guy I've never heard of "is the industry leader in getting comics autographed and graded". Wow.

Cool.

Kevin,

I respect you a lot, and the great work that you do for SS, and your passion for comics. Your penchant for being glib when responding on the Boards is not an endearing trait.

--Sean.

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. That I can certainly understand. But why not tell us that?

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period. I understand and believe this as well, Paul. But if this gentleman may have engaged in impropriety so as to make himself a witness when he would not otherwise be allowed to be a witness, that, to me, is worth getting to the bottom of.

That claim should be listed under "False Statements". If it was true, of course we would address it. Quickly.

Paul,

This sounds like CGC has investigated this matter and been aware of it for some time. Would it be so difficult to state, affirmatively, that CGC has been aware of this situation for some time, has thoroughly investigated this matter and has found that there is no basis for any of the claims against Mr. Leutzinger?

That would work so much better than pulling threads without any explanation and regurgitating the 100% authenticity statement. I believe that they are 100% authentic, but I also want to know that CGC is as doggedly protective of that fact as they should be. The tiniest chink in the armor and we are going to be in the same boat as Sports memorabilia. I am not the enemy, here, my friend. I LOVE SS! I just want CGC to protect its brand and show that it does take these allegations seriously.

--Sean.

Over the last few years I have spent time in the homes and riding on mega yachts with people like Dale Earnhardt Sr., I built a great relationship with Ike and his wife Laura, and even though they don’t celebrate X-Mas,(Jeweish)

Someone better tell the Earnhardt estate because no one has spent time with Dale Sr over the last few years....he's been dead almost 8 years.

C

I was more offended by the religiously derogatory term "X-mas" which is more than just a typo. :mad:

C

need there be anymore said on the ravings of a :screwy:

Funny, that guy didnt sound Druish.

C

I was more offended by the religiously derogatory term "X-mas" which is more than just a typo. :mad:

I used to think that was religiously derogatory too, but the origin of X-mas as a word comes from the ancient Greek where their X or "Chi" was how the word Christ started and the use of a Chi or X.

Xmas is a 1,000 year old or older way of spelling of Christmas. It's not a derogatory term it's an etymological equivalent.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

C

I didn't delete the thread (I do not moderate this board), although I understand why it was taken out and Paul has addressed your concerns pretty clearly Sean.

My sarcasm, independant of the thread deletion issue, arises from something I was surprised to read on a website connected to this fight, as I've never really heard of that person's (making the allegations) business before today. If they were the industry leader of signed and graded comics surely I would have heard of them, wouldn't you think?

This is a private beef initiated by one guy that used to work with the Witness in question that we've been aware of since the summer. No book would be graded as SS if there was any doubt to it's authenticity. All Witnesses are scrutinized pretty clearly before they are authorized, I'm sorry that you would feel that exceptions were made in this particular case. They were not, this Witness was reviewed before being approved for the WWLA show back in March.

Subsequently this Witness has been vouched for, observed and scrutinized in person by CGC and other Witnesses, and has worked closely with many other SS Witnesses at a handful of signings who have had nothing but positives to report.

I understand you want more than what you were given this morning when allegations were raised and Paul did that. It's a case of reacting to hijinks that have spilled over onto this forum. No one will ever be happy with the results but it's now up to the lawyers to deal with.

If someone came on here and made wild unfounded allegations meant to slander the reputation of another Witness, I'm certain that the same actions would be taken. If these were new allegations, they would be investigated immediately.

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. That I can certainly understand. But why not tell us that?

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period. I understand and believe this as well, Paul. But if this gentleman may have engaged in impropriety so as to make himself a witness when he would not otherwise be allowed to be a witness, that, to me, is worth getting to the bottom of.

That claim should be listed under "False Statements". If it was true, of course we would address it. Quickly.

Paul,

This sounds like CGC has investigated this matter and been aware of it for some time. Would it be so difficult to state, affirmatively, that CGC has been aware of this situation for some time, has thoroughly investigated this matter and has found that there is no basis for any of the claims against Mr. Leutzinger?

That would work so much better than pulling threads without any explanation and regurgitating the 100% authenticity statement. I believe that they are 100% authentic, but I also want to know that CGC is as doggedly protective of that fact as they should be. The tiniest chink in the armor and we are going to be in the same boat as Sports memorabilia. I am not the enemy, here, my friend. I LOVE SS! I just want CGC to protect its brand and show that it does take these allegations seriously.

--Sean.

Sean,

As far as the CGC Signature Series goes, Bret has done nothing that goes against his witness agreement. However, Bret needs to take some serious steps towards bettering his reputation and cleaning up his end of this mess. He knows that I am watching him closely.

The CGC brand and the CGC Signature Series is our top priority. No witness is above it all and we are not afraid to remove a witness if necessary. I have made that clear to Bret and to all CGC witnesses. I know you are not the enemy, Sean. I know you are a strong supporter of the CGC SS, that is why I responded to you. Rest assured that we watch everything that goes on with the Signature Series very closely and we take it's reputation extremely seriously.

-Paul

Thanks for the well-reasoned response, Kevin. I appreciate it. Only one response:

All Witnesses are scrutinized pretty clearly before they are authorized, I'm sorry that you would feel that exceptions were made in this particular case. I never said anything of the sort. It is not unreasonable for a consumer to expect that a purveyor of a product will defend itself in the face of accusations. That is what I, and many others, apparently, wanted. None of us got it as a result of the thread being unceremoniously pulled without explanation. That is what the Open letter was all about.

Paul,

--Sean.

Sean,

As far as the CGC Signature Series goes, Bret has done nothing that goes against his witness agreement. However, Bret needs to take some serious steps towards bettering his reputation and cleaning up his end of this mess. He knows that I am watching him closely.

The CGC brand and the CGC Signature Series is our top priority. No witness is above it all and we are not afraid to remove a witness if necessary. I have made that clear to Bret and to all CGC witnesses. I know you are not the enemy, Sean. I know you are a strong supporter of the CGC SS, that is why I responded to you. Rest assured that we watch everything that goes on with the Signature Series very closely and we take it's reputation extremely seriously.

-Paul

Thanks, Paul.