• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An Open Letter to the Moderators re: Pulling Threads

85 posts in this topic

I don't know who's lying and who's telling the truth, but I do know that the post by the guy who was not vouched for read like a textbook example of the writing from a pathological liar.

Hey guy, name-drop much? Inflate your own self-worth and aggrandise your accomplishments, possessions and interpersonal interactions much? Drop sixty words where three would do just fine much?

Not that I'm in the know or nothing. Just sayin, is all

is his name danny..er robojo33?

Great thread. And a language lover in the bunch to boot!

FFB--the picture almost made laugh aloud (which is bad because my students are here working on a writing exercise) lol

Anyone able to PM me the sordid details? :)

I had a couple of meetings this morning and when I checked the Boards this afternoon, the concretecomics/Bret Leuzinger thread was gone. While I can acknowledge that the content was inflammatory and borderline unbelieveable, yanking the thread is inexcusable.

As one that avidly collects Signature Series books, I was shocked and mortified by what I was reading. I waited, hoping that CGC would provide additional information or add something to the sordid tale. Apparently, I am to be disappointed.

I would have no problem were the thread locked, preferrably locked pending an official CGC response. But to yank the thread is an irresponsible action. And it makes CGC look as though it is more worried about a black eye than it is clearing up a serious problem with one of its products. It is a product, I might add that many of us spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars a year upon. It is a product, I might also add, that is completely dependent upon the unassailability of its guaranty of authenticity.

CGC, this is your Board. Obviously, you are free to do with it as you please. It is, however, important to understand that not all of us will be distracted by shiny objects or the next pressing thread. I, for one, am, and will remain, very interested in undersatanding what really happened with that Lee signing, and with Leutzinger/c0mic B00ks. The thread is gone. The questions remain.

Sincerely,

Sean

The thread was removed due to pending litigation. At least CGC has been told there will be litigation. This is a dispute between 2 people where CGC got dragged into the middle. There are many false statements being thrown around.

Every single Signature Series book is 100% Authentic. All of our witnesses follow strict rules and guidelines set forth in their contract. CGC has many checks and balances in place for the Signature Series and if there is ever a book in question, we don't give it a Signature Series label. Period.

Why was this not stated in the first place. You could have informed everyone and locked the thread. You had to have known there would be questions.

You are absolutely right. I'll lock this now. Thank you.