• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bug Banned

58 posts in this topic

Gone into bi-polar mode again..? Maybe you could tell us all these fables of how you will "pay whatever it takes" to own a book you really want. Talk about hypocrisy, you're willing to pay so much that you offered me.. what was it again... 300 dollars for my MS 5 back in the day when it regularly sold for 800 dollars? Hell even George offered more than that!!

How well you must know me, first you say that I must be "that person" at cons. However, I've mentioned numerous times that I've only been to less than a handful of cons in my lifetime. Oh wait, you knew that right. You know everything. Nevermind.

If you'll kindly switch back into normal mode and jump right back off my back, it'd be much appreciated. But this must be your PMS month, you've only picked fights with Bob so far, so I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that the almight Clobberintime hasn't gone off on everyone yet!!!

Brian

I think they have, they're for discussions of comics coins and cards.

Yeah, I expected a comment like that from someone.

I don't condone some of the over the top stuff that gets posted here sometimes, but some of the strikes that have been dished out give the impression of over-censorship and petty schoolroom strictness.

I feel it is a little un-necessary sometimes, thats all.

Yeah I agree I wrote a word that I don't think it really bad but the program they have here automatically masked the word. And I was just like oh 893censored-thumb.gif am I going to get in trouble for masked language since I saw people getting strikes for something stupid like that. I don't get what the point of having a masking program is if your just going to get in trouble when it changes the word for you anyways. Besides 99 out of 100 times a masked work appears when the post is read the reader will be able to just read over the masking with little hesitation and know exactly what word goes in that spot. I mean even if there are some younger people on the boards I'm sure they can figure it out too so it's not really protecting anyone.

I think they have, they're for discussions of comics coins and cards. People can leave that other BS at the door.

Brian

I agree. This is why you will find that 99.9% of my posts are on-topic. Fortunately, 99.6% of the posts here are completely off-topic. You do the math.

errr.... .3% of your posts are about comics? grin.gif

I think they have, they're for discussions of comics coins and cards. People can leave that other BS at the door.

Brian

I agree. This is why you will find that 99.9% of my posts are on-topic. Fortunately, 99.6% of the posts here are completely off-topic. You do the math.

thumbsup2.gif

Brian

thumbsup2.gif

MODERATOR!!!

893whatthe.gif

I'm gonna miss the bugger..... frown.gif

I don't think I ever laughed so hard on these forums; does anyone remember that sketch he did of the stick-man doing a free-fall from the cliff?

greggy, if you can get that image, I think we should use that as the official RIP image to go with the moniker. hi.gif

I'll get it from him but you know that he's lurking! devil.gif

893whatthe.gif

I'm gonna miss the bugger..... frown.gif

I don't think I ever laughed so hard on these forums; does anyone remember that sketch he did of the stick-man doing a free-fall from the cliff?

greggy, if you can get that image, I think we should use that as the official RIP image to go with the moniker. hi.gif

I'll get it from him but you know that he's lurking! devil.gif

Blasted lurkers... mad.gif

What's up Bug? hi.gif

You must be a really boring person. The type of guy at a con that goes to the dealer to discuss the latest goings on in Superboy or whatever. If this thing was strictly kept to comics or coins discussions, it would be as dry and boring as a saltine cracker. So, Murph why don't you tell us about your real estate holdings, plasma tvs and high end car knowledge, and then you can tell me how that relates to your comic collecting. You may be boring but at least you are no hypocrite.

Why is that necessary? And how does that prove any point whatsoever that you are being a chump? If you hate Brian so much, don't read his dang posts. If you envy his financial postion so much, go rob a bank or something. Geez!

Brian

And you're 100% full of Clintonianismalistishness... news.gif

Brian

thumbsup2.gif

MODERATOR!!!

Post reported.

Brian

thumbsup2.gif

MODERATOR!!!

Post reported.

1_4_5.gif

I don't condone some of the over the top stuff that gets posted here sometimes, but some of the strikes that have been dished out give the impression of over-censorship and petty schoolroom strictness.

I feel it is a little un-necessary sometimes, thats all.

After all the bs that used to happen on these boards with the physical threats etc etc etc I have no problem with them bearing down a little. CGC was very slow to act initially... I have no doubt that the boards would not be moderated as strictly now if they hadn't been as out of control earlier.

But let's review the facts in this specific case. Bug was using a shill account. He knew it was against the rules. He also knew he was already on suspension. What's the problem with banning him for breaking the rules while suspended?

I'm not saying I want to see anybody banned but I can understand cgc banning him for not abiding by the terms of the suspension.. seems perfectly fair - although unfortunate.

B.

But let's review the facts in this specific case. Bug was using a shill account. He knew it was against the rules. He also knew he was already on suspension. What's the problem with banning him for breaking the rules while suspended? I'm not saying I want to see anybody banned but I can understand cgc banning him for not abiding by the terms of the suspension.. seems perfectly fair - although unfortunate.

I don't actually think CGC went too far banning Bug as he certainly had it coming, although as you say, it is unfortunate.

My original comments were not made only with Bug in mind, there have been quite a lot of strikes handed out to long term board members lately also. Is it all really neccessary?

Brian

Hmmm... by my math, this means you've overposted by approx. 5,419 ! 27_laughing.gif

Brian

Hmmm... by my math, this means you've overposted by approx. 5,419 ! 27_laughing.gif

"But Aquaman! You cannot marry a woman without gills! You're from two different worlds! ... Ohhh, I have wasted my life."

-Comic Shop Guy