• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is your Ebay Arch-Nemesis? Your Dr. Doom? Your Lex Luthor?

82 posts in this topic

Essoilman and Mark Wilson! When Essoilman bids on a 9.4 or 9.6 he doesn't already have, you're not gonna beat him unless you're willing to go 20 or 40 times guide instead of just 10 or 20. Mark Wilson always picks up the books I want at auction that I forget or become too overly cautious to bid on for whatever reason, and then several months later, I get the wonderful opportunity of re-buying the book on E-Bay again for 30% - 100% more! Case in point--the FF 16 CGC 9.0 that's up right now. That sold on Heritage earlier this year, and I fell asleep on the couch during the time the auction was ending...it went for somewhere in the middle $400 range...and now it's on ebay at $550 after only a day! blush.gif

That pesky "guesswhoiam" is quite the hogger of 9.6 Fantastic Fours, too. stooges.gif I've got a pretty good guess who he is--another forum member with FFs to die for. gossip.gif

That pesky "guesswhoiam" is quite the hogger of 9.6 Fantastic Fours, too. I've got a pretty good guess who he is--another forum member with FFs to die for.

Could you PM me who he is I've been wondering for a long time?

Eric

Thanks HKP but you guys really give me too much credit. I'm just a kid from the Burgh who buys all of his comics off of ebay and attends one small con a year. To be honest I don't know who all of the major players are and who is friends with whom. It's all I can do to keep track of Clobberintime's ebay sn because it changes so much 27_laughing.gif. So thanks for the huge hint but I still got nothin frown.gif

Eric

Why don't Ubiquiti and Beaumonts work together, guys, and split the BP take, at much lower prices!

That is an excellent point!

Something my competitive nature never considered! I could check for stuff and he could check for stuff and we could mutually agree on what each of us gets...

It's so crazy it might just work!

Jive that Frightful Four analogy was perfect. We need more of those guys! Do you think Greggy's nemesis is Joanna?

Eric

Nah, I never buy anything, let alone high grades like greggy. I've been strictly a seller.

m******* (!)

Are those early wdcs now in Heritage auction his books? They are same ones sold in Ebay couple of months ago.

He really seems to like Barks ducks.. he bought all mid grade Four Color one shots recently on Ebay...without him there could have been many bargains 893frustrated.gif

Yeah - I forgot about him. he usually does not seem to stick it out thru the end though and just jacks up the prices. Rider33 can be pretty tough too though and he will bid early and tough to win hard to find books. Have had fights with norrinraddff before too and he usually wins what he wants - like mrahome.

Midnight and wallstreet seem to bid on any decent high grade CGC S.A. book on ebay, and always seem to find it before me, and (mostly) are prepared to go that extra mile.

For pre-code horror, I nearly always see atomic-age-man, billygoat, blackcatcomics, mrmystery48, rockland01, westholt, and hbson59 bidding against me on those scarce icon covers which usually go for way over guide. And movieguru for the higher grade sci-fi stuff.

For Timelys, there's oldsberg, suemaxi, westholt (again) and a couple of others (!). I wouldn't say that these genres have that limited an appeal, yet after a few months you know what to expect. To be fair no-one on these lists is a bona fide BSD, or is that gung-ho. Except sometimes.

As for me, a couple of English Forumites have claimed that I'm THEIR nemesis as regards bidding, at one time or another, which is of course grossly unfair!! Cue ripostes!! wink.gif

m******* (!)

Are those early wdcs now in Heritage auction his books? They are same ones sold in Ebay couple of months ago.

He really seems to like Barks ducks.. he bought all mid grade Four Color one shots recently on Ebay...without him there could have been many bargains 893frustrated.gif

Say it out loud guys....mamanook!!!... sumo.gif...and some dude named Yee.... foreheadslap.gif

m******* (!)

Say it out loud guys....mamanook!!!... sumo.gif...and some dude named Yee.... foreheadslap.gif

Maybe...they're afraid that the Geppi Juggernaut will troll all their bids? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif