• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Feel Funny...

237 posts in this topic

...asking for a refund if you bought a book from a forumite/s a while back only to find out it was found to be restored?

Knowing you have had very good transactions with him/her/them in the past.

No, this is not a hypothetical post.

It depends on the person I bought it from.

If I got one off of you then Yes, I would feel like I'm accusing the you of "knowingly" selling me a restored book.

But some newbie I would not have a problem asking for a refund provided its not a great deal of time between the purchase and the discovery.

...asking for a refund if you bought a book from a forumite/s a while back only to find out it was found to be restored?

Knowing you have had very good transactions with him/her/them in the past.

No, this is not a hypothetical post.

If the person is decent and you aproach it the right way, there shouldn't be a problem and you shouldn't feel funny about it. It could have been something the person just honestly missed. I'm sure an amicable arrangement can be made. Assuming the person is not a total individual_without_enough_empathy.

If you buy a raw book that makes no representation that it is unrestored and the seller has no knowledge of whether it has been restored or not, don't you assume the risk that it might be found to be restored when you submit it?

If you buy a raw book that makes no representation that it is unrestored and the seller has no knowledge of whether it has been restored or not, don't you assume the risk that it might be found to be restored when you submit it?

Not on these boards, no.

Yes I do.

If it has CT and or a tear seal, coupon missing, I would have no one but myself to blame.

Trimming on the other hand I can not detect.

Yes I do.

If it has CT and or a tear seal, coupon missing, I would have no one but myself to blame.

rantrant

That's how I look at it. I bought a bunch of raw X-mens a while back for Sig. Series. They all came back 9.2-9.4-9.6 just as this Seller had graded them. The 137 came back 9.6 purple with minor CT. He didn't catch it, I didn't catch it but :censored: CGC did. (Just kidding)

I thought about doing something, but we have had tons of great deals and I feel like it is on me as much or more than it is on him. Plus who the hell is going to CT a modern? Apparently some people. :tonofbricks:

Yes I do.

That's funny. From the way you talk, I would have thought you were quite familiar with trim.

Nope, otherwise that would be a license to sell restored books and then feign innocence.

About the only thing we all agree on, is that if a Forum purchased book comes back restored, that the seller owes the buyer a refund of the original purchase price. not including CGC fees, shipping, etc.