• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Feel Funny...

237 posts in this topic

What he paid for it and what type of restoration it is should be irrelevant. If this were Metro, and I know it isn't, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I respectfully disagree with you, Doc. If I bought 10 raw Astonishing X-Men from you, subbed them and all came back the way you graded them, but one had CT, I would not try to get a refund from you. It got past you and it got past me. I would bear the cost in that case. Maybe not the same result if it was John Q. Ebay Seller. To me intent and past dealings do play into the calculus.

I think it would depend on several factors:

1. How well do you know the seller?

2. How much time has passed?

3. What was the restoration, exactly?

4. Was it an expensive book?

Purely hypothetically speaking, if the buyer and seller don't really know each other, what is to keep the buyer from attempting to perform minor restoration himself and see if he can slip it past CGC? If the book comes back with a purple label, the buyer returns the book to the seller for a refund. If CGC misses the restoration then the buyer is golden. Almost seems like a risk-free scheme for the buyer.

Please understand that I am certainly NOT suggesting that is the case here. I'm just pointing out a possible problem with an unconditional return poilicy.

1. Never met him/them, just from the boards.

2. Less than a year ago.

3. Trimmed

4. More than $50, less than $100 (which should be irrelevant) (shrug)

1. it then, ask for your money back.

2. see number one

3. see number two

4. correct - irrelevant

What he paid for it and what type of restoration it is should be irrelevant. If this were Metro, and I know it isn't, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

true, i'm just curious. if it we're under a hundred personally i would leave it alone.

or maybe 75

I respectfully disagree with you, Doc. If I bought 10 raw Astonishing X-Men from you, subbed them and all came back the way you graded them, but one had CT, I would not try to get a refund from you. It got past you and it got past me. I would bear the cost in that case. Maybe not the same result if it was John Q. Ebay Seller. To me intent and past dealings do play into the calculus.

In this instance I would agree because it is me in your example. :makepoint:

You could send me $50 of the Pimp Slap Spidey dough if you want to.

You could send me $50 of the Pimp Slap Spidey dough if you want to.

It was already CGC graded. Take it up with Roy. zzz