• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whoever is bidding on this FF1 book currently on ebay..

54 posts in this topic

Sure looks like THE copy I won at Heritage...beware! My book's scan is attached...I just looked in my safe and it's still there!!!

Here is the ebay link to the one being offered for sale...Note the chip outside lower right edge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-1-1961-CGC-Grade-6-5-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ110300454539QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110300454539&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

67093.jpg.6b48be227c0f1be7537b37a0ea81180b.jpg

Sure looks like THE copy I won at Heritage...beware! My book's scan is attached...I just looked in my safe and it's still there!!!
Note to self: Look in safe at peewee's house tonight.

what about the image they have with the sticky post. looks like they have the book in their possession ?

Could that have been photoshopped??? :o

If so, the criminals are getting cleverer and cleverer... :insane:

Definitely photoshopped. Note the sharp upper corners and the side scanner background.

I'm shocked that people can be that blatantly criminal. They must live somewhere.....it says item location Newark.....maybe somebody could go over there ....you know....ask to look at it closer...........and take your .44

Here is the ebay link to the one being offered for sale...Note the chip outside lower right edge.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-1-1961-CGC-Grade-6-5-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ110300454539QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110300454539&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting

Gee that is funny, I mentioned to the seller that same exact thing and asked for bigger scans....his response to me was..We scanned the book a COUPLE years ago for insurance reasons and haven't pulled it out of the safe since then...I then called him basically a liar because the book sold at an auction house I think last year...Haven't heard back since.

I even mentioned this book to Thomas who is looking for a nice FF 1

Steve

PeeWee: First off get that freaking book out of whatever safe you have it in doh!

I can't find the thread (it used to be stickied to the top) but it was an informative piece on how storing comics in safes is not a good thing. Ask the collector who had a 9.8 Hulk #181 turn into a rusted staple piece a junk.

Jim

Photoshopped? Looks like they printed a picture of the original, put their sticker on it, and took a really crappy picture.

That's exactly what happened. Notice the complete lack of depth in the "slab" in that photo

Photoshopped? Looks like they printed a picture of the original, put their sticker on it, and took a really crappy picture.

It looks like what they did was paste an image of their sticker into an image file of the slab and then apply a color filter to the result. They probably think that the color filter blends the pasted sticker with the original image, but as someone who uses a photo editor on a daily basis, it's obvious what they've done. I hope noone here is the higher bidder on this "item".