• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction has begun the sale of my More fun #54 CGC 8.5!!!

110 posts in this topic

Hi,

I believe the Nova Scotia and the Larson both sold at Heritage. I used to own both of them at the same time. One graded 9.0 (NS), and the Larson is now graded at 9.2.

I could be wrong, but I feel the market went high on these because they hit and went over the 9.0 grade, and because they were both pedegrees.

An 8.0 went only for a quarter of what these went for. If this info. helps, you can make your own deductions on what a 8.5 will bring, especially in the current economic environment (which might not hurt nice GA).

BTW, your book is a beauty.

Dwight

And you too can own it for a few fistfuls of dollars ......and a few dollars more! C'mon , make my day ! Feelin' lucky, punk ?........ Well do ya?????? G'wan, take a thrill ride on a bid!!!!!!!!!! Nicholas Cage might , Clint Eastwood should. You will.

And you too can own it for a few fistfuls of dollars ......and a few dollars more! C'mon , make my day ! Feelin' lucky, punk ?........ Well do ya?????? G'wan, take a thrill ride on a bid!!!!!!!!!! Nicholas Cage might , Clint Eastwood should. You will.
someone needs to call Leonardo!

Great news ..... The sheep are in heat as we speak!!!!!! For your sheer pleasure!

Get them while you have a chance on the More Fun 54. Condoms and gloves are provided.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=830&Lot_No=91134

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=830&Lot_No=93046

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=830&Lot_No=91048

Man I don't know what's more impressive this book or your collection. :o Are we talking some serious GA inventory as I would love to see some scans. On the More Fun #54 I love this book, love this copy but don't forget that the Nova Scotia CGC 9.0 copy (wish I could find a scan of it in my database). It sat on Metro's site for a few years asking $33k-$35k before being moved to Comicconnect's last auction. I don't think it sold and the last bid I saw it was stuck at $17K. The white paged 7.5 copy on Comicconnect hasn't sold in over a year and it has an asking price of just under $10K.

I hope you get your price but I see this as a $17K book, $20K tops at auction.

that is about what I was thinking, but I hope it goes gangbusters (thumbs u

Closed at $17,327.50

Man I don't know what's more impressive this book or your collection. :o Are we talking some serious GA inventory as I would love to see some scans. On the More Fun #54 I love this book, love this copy but don't forget that the Nova Scotia CGC 9.0 copy (wish I could find a scan of it in my database). It sat on Metro's site for a few years asking $33k-$35k before being moved to Comicconnect's last auction. I don't think it sold and the last bid I saw it was stuck at $17K. The white paged 7.5 copy on Comicconnect hasn't sold in over a year and it has an asking price of just under $10K.

Closed at $17,327.50

looks like we correctly forecasted and pronosticated (thumbs u

I hope you acheive as much as possible but I see you getting $15-20k for it (after buyers premium has been deducted). I presume you have negotiated a 0% sales commission on your items.

Wow - I was over - $14,500 net of bp.

Closed at $17,327.50

Anyone know who won? I was the underbidder and actually thought for a minute that I was going to win!

Congrats to the seller on the sale!

I picked this one up- even though it is not nearly my favorite cover of the run. My undercopy is now for sale..

now there's class... talking down a book you just paid 17k for! I'm jealous!

I wholeheartedly agree btw. I think the cover is one of the most overrated of the GA. Not suspense 3 overrated :whistle:, but close. Its a nice cover, but that's it.... no grand classic IMO.