• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction has begun the sale of my More fun #54 CGC 8.5!!!

110 posts in this topic

I would have to have a customer show interest in the book to do that and so far, I have had no high rollers show interest.... Also , I have the Detective 57, 58 (first penguin app) up there.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=830&Lot_No=93046

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=830&Lot_No=91048

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=830&Lot_No=91134

With the ecomomy the way it is , will this set a record or end up a sluggish sale?

I am a full time trader in the equities/ commodities market. I sheepishly will admit that I am having my most profitable month in 20 years. As a whole the year has been going very well. AS of now, The chances are very good that I will be more profitable this year than last year.

I am interested in the Tec 58. However, I'll only bid if the auction shows some weakness in the pricing. I have no interest to "pay up" in this market.

Jay

Excellent questions and I will try to answer them as best I can.

As to what I would have taken for thie book.... The two sales comparable to this one , according to Heritage, were the Nicholas Cage copy @ CGC 9.0 which somehow became the Larson copy @ CGC 9.2 . BOTH OF THEM WERE THE SAME BOOK AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. They sold for 39,000.00 and 43,000.00 in 2002 and then 2005. Mine is one half grade lower which should knock off 5-10K so based on that, I figured that had I had someone offer me around 27,000.00 to 30,000.00 , I would have taken it immediately.

For years, 39 years to be exact, I have built up our inventory of comics and have around 1 million of them most in NM-Mint condition. Whenever we had acquired an outstanding collection or single comic, I would put it aside out of respect for it being tough to find in high grade. These are some of the books I have done this with. At this time I am trying to create revenue so that when the dung hits the fan, our bills will be negligible and we will not be put into a cash crunch. I still have more stuff and as I get the urge, I will bring out some more things. If someone wants to buy ALL of my comics (not my personal stuff) they are for sale.

do you have a list of comics for sale, somewhere for us to view... I know, for example, I would have (and did pay) on the MMC 7 and 9 more than you netted from heritage, so a direct sale would have made you about 20% more than offering via that venue...

I for one, would be very interested in seeing some nice GA books for potential purchase (thumbs u

Lots of nice books in this auction. The Detective #8 is amazing, the All-Star #3 is nice, several high grade Marvel Mysteries, many Crowley and Church Fawcetts, a sharp NY York's Fair 1940. Something for everyone!

But none of the Actions I need, and the only Nedor War cover is a "D" copy that just a bit too foxy for me.

I would have to have a customer show interest in the book to do that and so far, I have had no high rollers show interest.... Also , I have the Detective 57, 58 (first penguin app) up there.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=830&Lot_No=93046

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=830&Lot_No=91048

Nice books, too bad I have stopped buying comics for the most part, otherwise I would bid on them.

Excellent questions and I will try to answer them as best I can.

As to what I would have taken for thie book.... The two sales comparable to this one , according to Heritage, were the Nicholas Cage copy @ CGC 9.0 which somehow became the Larson copy @ CGC 9.2 . BOTH OF THEM WERE THE SAME BOOK AS FAR AS I CAN TELL. They sold for 39,000.00 and 43,000.00 in 2002 and then 2005. Mine is one half grade lower which should knock off 5-10K so based on that, I figured that had I had someone offer me around 27,000.00 to 30,000.00 , I would have taken it immediately.

For years, 39 years to be exact, I have built up our inventory of comics and have around 1 million of them most in NM-Mint condition. Whenever we had acquired an outstanding collection or single comic, I would put it aside out of respect for it being tough to find in high grade. These are some of the books I have done this with. At this time I am trying to create revenue so that when the dung hits the fan, our bills will be negligible and we will not be put into a cash crunch. I still have more stuff and as I get the urge, I will bring out some more things. If someone wants to buy ALL of my comics (not my personal stuff) they are for sale.

I hope you acheive as much as possible but I see you getting $15-20k for it (after buyers premium has been deducted). I presume you have negotiated a 0% sales commission on your items.

I think 8.0s go for 10-12K so in the current markets my estimate is a probable result.

Cool, I didn't know we were allowed to hype our sales outside of the Marketplace forums! :applause:

in theory, you are not (should be in the marketplace)...but, we have always been a little more lenient in the GA forum...

Man I don't know what's more impressive this book or your collection. :o Are we talking some serious GA inventory as I would love to see some scans. On the More Fun #54 I love this book, love this copy but don't forget that the Nova Scotia CGC 9.0 copy (wish I could find a scan of it in my database). It sat on Metro's site for a few years asking $33k-$35k before being moved to Comicconnect's last auction. I don't think it sold and the last bid I saw it was stuck at $17K. The white paged 7.5 copy on Comicconnect hasn't sold in over a year and it has an asking price of just under $10K.

I hope you get your price but I see this as a $17K book, $20K tops at auction.