• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction has begun the sale of my More fun #54 CGC 8.5!!!

110 posts in this topic

Man I don't know what's more impressive this book or your collection. :o Are we talking some serious GA inventory as I would love to see some scans. On the More Fun #54 I love this book, love this copy but don't forget that the Nova Scotia CGC 9.0 copy (wish I could find a scan of it in my database). It sat on Metro's site for a few years asking $33k-$35k before being moved to Comicconnect's last auction. I don't think it sold and the last bid I saw it was stuck at $17K. The white paged 7.5 copy on Comicconnect hasn't sold in over a year and it has an asking price of just under $10K.

I hope you get your price but I see this as a $17K book, $20K tops at auction.

that is about what I was thinking, but I hope it goes gangbusters (thumbs u

Closed at $17,327.50

looks like we correctly forecasted and pronosticated (thumbs u

:acclaim: Rick you pronosticator you. :baiting: Whomever won this book pick up a gem and a very nice price. The presence of a number of available copies in surronding grades held its value down but the fact that there are not many nice mid to low grade affordable copies is frustrating. I see the Nova Scotia copy is back on Comicconnect with an asking price of $35,000 but unfortunantely because of prior sales history I don't think this copy is going to get much cheaper. Some of the Spectre covers are so so but many of them are just darn cool and #54 is a top 10 GA cover in my books.

mf54nscopy.jpg

it is sweet...

I will just have to be happy with my 5.5 (thumbs u

I think the Spectre MF covers are highly overrated.

Ditto.

(thumbs u Our artistic tastes have tended to run along the same lines...except for your love of Don Heck, of course. :baiting:

I know I wasted time scanning the following pages but what the Heck!

Here are some pages by Don Heck from this copy of Danger 8 I recently purchased -

68672.jpg.c8ad76067d99fa06892a5a14a32b94be.jpg

68673.jpg.a57898190a5c9f6bc05fcf57bb384922.jpg

68674.jpg.9a44412430ba4e46bd5cfcc8bbe4bd34.jpg

68675.jpg.12614d15ce4823225702efcef050e102.jpg

Color fleck in the logo?
yep
wow, never saw that before

Neither did I but if that's what's keeping this out of 9.2/9.4 territory then this is a perfect example of the how CGC is so all over the map when it comes to defects and how much (or little) they effect the overall grade. The Church Flash #104 for example has a mashed top left hand corner but it still pulls off a 9.4? I'm sure I can find many more examples but they really need to proper weighting on defects and how they impact the overall look.

I think the Spectre MF covers are highly overrated.

Ditto.

(thumbs u Our artistic tastes have tended to run along the same lines...except for your love of Don Heck, of course. :baiting:

It's okay to disagree. After all you like the early JLA and I still talk to you :baiting:

Yes, but I like it in spite of the dreadful art. :gossip:

I picked this one up- even though it is not nearly my favorite cover of the run. My undercopy is now for sale..

Congrats!!!! :applause:

I love this book. It is the issue that started me on my More Fun completion quest! :luhv:

And given I own this CGC 8.0 beauty, let me personally thank you for paying the price you did!!!!! (thumbs u :banana:

MoreFun54.jpg