• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the LEAST amount of money you've paid for a slab?

55 posts in this topic

I won a New Teen Titans 1 slab on ebay from Nelson (Count) for the opening bid of 99 cents. I offered to cancel the transaction, but he insisted on honoring it. Great guy. (thumbs u
:acclaim:

:hi: Jon

I won a New Teen Titans 1 slab on ebay from Nelson (Count) for the opening bid of 99 cents. I offered to cancel the transaction, but he insisted on honoring it. Great guy. (thumbs u
:acclaim:

:hi: Jon

Hey. :headbang:

That is pretty honest indeed.

:gossip: i hear he is a blood-sucker

99 cents. Then I had to pay $7 shipping, so $7.99 if you're gonna be technical. :grin:

Jon has you beat... lol

I handed the book to him in person...

hm thinking about it now I still owe Jon a penny as I never gave him change back on the dollar....

What would you guys consider is the lowest possible cost of slabbing a modern? Isn't it like $15/comic once you factor into it shipping to and from CGC? I can't imagine why anyone would want to part with a book for less than that unless they were desperate to sell it.

Yes it does cost $15 for Moderns.

I don't think its desperation but more of a "I blew it on this one so who cares" attitude. Besides taking a $15 loss is no biggie when you compare it to most of the scores from that submission.