• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Off Your Pleasantly Surprised...

73 posts in this topic

:o

What.......the......hell....

I cannot believe what I am seeing in that slab.

Yeah. I just got a 9.2 on a DC that was over 10 years older with the same amount of stress.

I need to get Nik to send my books in from now on. :eek:

Yeah. I just got a 9.2 on a DC that was over 10 years older with the same amount of stress.

I charge by the grade it receives ;)

I charge by the grade it receives ;)

If you can get 2 grade bumps, it would be worth it.

Do you press your books, Nik? hm

lol

Highest I received on pre 75 books was a few 9.8s

I don't send in alot of newer then 75 books in but again best I received was 9.8s when I do.

So, do you guys disclose the fact that you think these are "gift grades" when you sell?

So, do you guys disclose the fact that you think these are "gift grades" when you sell?

I don't think mine are gift grades, it just wasn't what I was expecting, so they were surprises.

The FF 186 was a gift from a friend and I was expecting a 9.6, so I was surprised when I opened the box and it was a 9.8.

Actually, any book that gets a 9.9 or a 10 is a gift grade.

I have two 10s, but I have never subbed one myself. Of the 1,000,000 plus books subbed, I wonder how many are 10s?

Valiantman might be able to calculate that for you. He really knows his way around census data.

I don't think mine are gift grades, it just wasn't what I was expecting, so they were surprises.

The FF 186 was a gift from a friend and I was expecting a 9.6, so I was surprised when I opened the box and it was a 9.8.

Actually, any book that gets a 9.9 or a 10 is a gift grade.

In your case I don't think the difference between a 9.8 and a 9.9 is even discernible, especially on moderns. That batman #251 on the other hand.... :eek:

:signfunny:

Well, most people feel the need to point out when CGC was too strict on a book, so I assumed they'd be just as eager to point out a gift grade. Is there any reason not to?

:angel:

I have two 10s, but I have never subbed one myself. Of the 1,000,000 plus books subbed, I wonder how many are 10s?

There's no such thing as a "10"...in comic books, sports cards, coins or especially, women. No such thing...it's all in your (or someone else's) mind. Think hard about it. Nothing is perfect. Mint is a candy.