• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How realistic is your want list?

38 posts in this topic

I try to keep my list as attainable as possible. I think using the minimum grade I'd be happy with, my list has about $20K worth on it currently. For me, that's attainable, but it will take 10-15 years even without inflation...probably 20+ with it.

Like everything I try to do I aim to overshoot.

When I played baketball I pushed myself to play with people who were wayout of my league.

When I decided to grow my hair...well you get the point.... lol

I believe in getting better by overshooting your goals.

My wantlists have always been unreasonable and they will probably stay that way. I'm a man of extremes.

:eek:

I guess I'm a little hard on myself that way but it seems to be the way I'm wired and likely won't change any time soon though I do see myself mellowing with age a bit.

I basically set a goal and go guns blazing.

R.

Like everything I try to do I aim to overshoot.

When I played baketball I pushed myself to play with people who were wayout of my league.

When I decided to grow my hair...well you get the point.... lol

I believe in getting better by overshooting your goals.

My wantlists have always been unreasonable and they will probably stay that way. I'm a man of extremes.

:eek:

I guess I'm a little hard on myself that way but it seems to be the way I'm wired and likely won't change any time soon though I do see myself mellowing with age a bit.

I basically set a goal and go guns blazing.

R.

well, that explains why you want to play me :o

without lofty goals, what is the point

(thumbs u

...now how am I playing you?

...oh I get it...the basketball thing...no, every once in a while I need a breather...so I play someone my age.

:kidaround:

My want list is realistic but my prices willing to pay aren't. Looking for high grade GA cartoon books (relative to supply) of keys and first appearances, with the exception of Bugs Bunny which I am collecting all Four Colors in 8.0 or above. These things are going for crazy money which is disappointing. A VG/Fine Dennis the Menace #1 goes for $1200. A good 2.0 Little Dot #1 goes for $350. A Poor to Fair Archie #1 on metropolis is $2500. And I can't find a Terry Toons 50 (first Heckle Jeckel) or a Sad Sack 1 (first Sad Sack and Little Dot) for the life of me.

Uncle Scrooge and Disney keys are getting crazy too. I think a Fair FC #4 Donald Duck went for near $1000.

It's a fun patient search I've been doing for 5 years now. I've gotten some really good deals along the way. Upgraded my Terry Toons 38 for what I thought was a song. And bought a cover only Archie #1 for about $500. WDCS #1 and Funnies 64 came as part of a large collection which kept the price way down.

Very few folks on the board are doing the same thing as me. Plenty of Duck or Archie or Richie Rich collectors independently but few all inclusive. Not sure what that says but there you go.

Ed