• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A new price record I suppose?

61 posts in this topic

I was going to make a run at this book about $15K ago... :o

It certainly is a thing of beauty, though. Unlikely to see one of these come around again.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=22104

I cannot think of a better place to put my money than comics and OA.

Being all cash is dangerous dangerous.

I can think of 41,200 different ways to spend $41,200....and none of them is buying a FF 12

I was thinking of over 20,000 ways to spend $20,000. and all of them were for buying an FF 12...but that's me and I'm a bit :insane:

I can think of 41,200 different ways to spend $41,200....and none of them is buying a FF 12

I was thinking of over 20,000 ways to spend $20,000. and all of them were for buying an FF 12...but that's me and I'm a bit :insane:

That would be a great buy at 20K. As rare as it is...a 60 K sale wouldn't surprise me.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That is one of the greatest Marvel comics anyone could hope to own so $40,000 is not out of line.

Mega book. Hulk crossover, one of the top SA covers of all time, killer story, impossible in high grade, one grader had this at 9.6...why is it so incredible that a piece of culture like this fetches $40,000? It was a $25,000 book 5 years ago. I'd rather own this than a 9.8 Spidey book from the mid 60's for the same money.

Congrats to the seller and buyer.

:golfclap:

That is one of the greatest Marvel comics anyone could hope to own so $40,000 is not out of line.

Mega book. Hulk crossover, one of the top SA covers of all time, killer story, impossible in high grade, one grader had this at 9.6...why is it so incredible that a piece of culture like this fetches $40,000? It was a $25,000 book 5 years ago. I'd rather own this than a 9.8 Spidey book from the mid 60's for the same money.

Congrats to the seller and buyer.

:golfclap:

Have to agree this is a great silver age cover.The classis rendition of the hulk.If I ever win the lottery....

I think it's safe to say that if a collector paid this much money for a copy that he is not a low or mid grade collector and probably is in a different realm than most of us. I know that if I had the dough I would prefer this book over 99% of what is out there. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I owned an 8.0 that I bought from Blazing Bob a few years ago and I adored it. Just couldn't hang on to it at the time. I think I'd rather own this book than an AF #15 personally.

R.

It is a key book with a great classic cover and an early Marvel but if I had the $$ I don't think I would spend it on this book. I'm OK with the mid grade copy I have and I can think of a lot of books I would rather have for the $$.

It is all about the money.If you are rich what does it matter.Yes there are other books I would rather have.Suspense 3,terrific 5,to name a couple.But it is still a sweet book.

I think it's safe to say that if a collector paid this much money for a copy that he is not a low or mid grade collector and probably is in a different realm than most of us. I know that if I had the dough I would prefer this book over 99% of what is out there. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I owned an 8.0 that I bought from Blazing Bob a few years ago and I adored it. Just couldn't hang on to it at the time. I think I'd rather own this book than an AF #15 personally.

R.

Wow I do have a lot to learn about comics. Didnt' know this issue was so important. Looks great though, and I can see the importance of it. And just looked at gpa, a 9.2 sold earlier this year for $16k, so not hard to believe this went for what it did.

It certainly is a thing of beauty, though. Unlikely to see one of these come around again.

When i go to the Pedigreecomics site and click on 'auction listings' this book does not show up. In fact a lot of the books dont show up. Anyone know how to see the FULL auction results.

When i go to the Pedigreecomics site and click on 'auction listings' this book does not show up. In fact a lot of the books dont show up. Anyone know how to see the FULL auction results.

they were there and are now gone- i think this happened last time as well but they reappeared. at least i hope they will or i will be kicking myself for not writing the sale prices down when i had the chance. btw, 76 of the 153 got no bid or did not meet reserve.