• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Remember who offered to buy someone's books here w/ an option to buy back ?

51 posts in this topic

Am I the only one that has trouble reading Hooks' posts? :shy:

So many words...So many directions...Nothing I can comprehend...

I am often mesmerized by them, and regain consciousness to find myself sitting wide-eyed with drool running down my chin.

Like the black hole of posts. :insane:

Have you thought of preselling comics from the collection that you don't want on the board?

That's a great idea , and yes I would , but this happens to be an estate of jewelry , a Mercedes auto , art , memorabilia , and of course some exotic animal heads ... :whistle:

Animal heads? hm

01_animal.jpg

I am fairly conversant in "Hooksese." What he is asking for is someone to front the money for a deal because he is a little cash poor until late December. Presumably the part to be worked out is what Hooks' option strike price will be for the re-buy and whether the purchaser will be obligated to sell at such strike price.

"Hooksese" ................ :roflmao:

Thank you Sean ! .. (thumbs u ..I couldn't have stated it better myself ..... :whistle:

I just love you guys ........... :cloud9:

There's your custom title. "Fluent in Hooksese"

I am fairly conversant in "Hooksese." What he is asking for is someone to front the money for a deal because he is a little cash poor until late December. Presumably the part to be worked out is what Hooks' option strike price will be for the re-buy and whether the purchaser will be obligated to sell at such strike price.

Thank you Sean ! .. (thumbs u ..I couldn't have stated it better myself ..... :whistle:

Seemed pretty clear to me (shrug)

And good luck on the collection

Thanks for the PM's that were sent , and ya know , I think someone will come up with a business model here with all our brilliant minds ( some excluded , of course ), that turns out to be a profitable bus. enterprise to whomever develops it , while being a service to the customer .

It just seems that from time to time there are some here that spend their discretionary income on comics , and when they have an emergency and/or an investment opportunity , they are forced to dump their books at a sig. discount . .

While that can be good for those that can pick up bargains , I truly believe there can be a better option . As a matter of fact , while going thru my books to see what I could put up for collateral , due to an investment opportunity , I keep going back to the fact that it's just as easy selling some key's and being done with it ? ..

So , ...let the jokes begin ! ........................ :acclaim:

I'd make jokes, but I have no idea what the hell you just said.

There's your custom title. "Fluent in Hooksese"

I was always hoping for "Witty and Insightful" What a letdown.

So's you lookin for a comic pawn shop. They only charge 20% per month on a loaned amount (which is a substantial decrease of what the item is worth).

I could probably find someone to hook you up with that.

Thanks , I'm working on selling a small interest in my oil/gas mineral rights , so I don't have to mess with my comics . Too much trouble ... doh!

Seemed pretty clear to me (shrug)

And good luck on the collection

Thanks for the PM's that were sent , and ya know , I think someone will come up with a business model here with all our brilliant minds ( some excluded , of course ), that turns out to be a profitable bus. enterprise to whomever develops it , while being a service to the customer .

It just seems that from time to time there are some here that spend their discretionary income on comics , and when they have an emergency and/or an investment opportunity , they are forced to dump their books at a sig. discount . .

While that can be good for those that can pick up bargains , I truly believe there can be a better option . As a matter of fact , while going thru my books to see what I could put up for collateral , due to an investment opportunity , I keep going back to the fact that it's just as easy selling some key's and being done with it ? ..

So , ...let the jokes begin ! ........................ :acclaim:

I'd make jokes, but I have no idea what the hell you just said.

Try removing your beer-goggles .............................. :whistle:

Am I the only one that has trouble reading Hooks' posts? :shy:

So many words...So many directions...Nothing I can comprehend...

I am often mesmerized by them, and regain consciousness to find myself sitting wide-eyed with drool running down my chin.

Like the black hole of posts. :insane:

Dont forget with a wierd smell and your pants down around your ankles as well..