• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to attach an image to a PM

17 posts in this topic

CAP Freak was kind enough to explain to me the other day about how to attach an image to a post without having to load your image onto some web deal (by clicking on File Manager at the bottom of your post).

New Question:

Can I attach an image to a PM that I just began without having to load my image onto some web deal first (i.e. I would like to attach it directly from my hard-drive). I do not see the File Manager at the bottom of the PM that I had prepared like I do at the bottom of this post...

Bummer. Oh well, I thought it was worth asking.

Too bad for me that the File Manager option isn't available on the bottom of PMs, like it is for posts (FYI - I also prefer when other boardies post scans in their sales threads directly from the file manager rather than photobucket, or the like, because I can't see scans on my work computer under the photobucket approach...)

Thanks.

CAP Freak was kind enough to explain to me the other day about how to attach an image to a post without having to load your image onto some web deal (by clicking on File Manager at the bottom of your post).

Once you have the file in file manager, how do you get into the post?

Hmmm...still doing something wrong. I have written text in the reply, and added a pic to the file manager, but when I hit "preview post", only the text shows up.

It won't show in the preview.

Ah, let me try to submit it.

Thanks, guys. It worked! (thumbs u

Class of '02.

doh!

If I need to post an image when I'm at home, I host it on my site. Up until now, if I've had to post an image when I'm at work, I used "my ftp space" on AOL. But, in their never-ending battle to eliminate services to their customers, AOL is no longer offering space to host pics. :frustrated:

If I need to post an image when I'm at home, I host it on my site. Up until now, if I've had to post an image when I'm at work, I used "my ftp space" on AOL. But, in their never-ending battle to eliminate services to their customers, AOL is no longer offering space to host pics. :frustrated:

I too have recently discovered this as well. :pullhair: