• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMICLINK FEATURED AUCTION COMIC BOOK HIGHLIGHTS

9 posts in this topic

COMICLINK FEATURED AUCTION HIGHLIGHTS -- VINTAGE COMIC BOOKS

(CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL OF THE COMIC BOOK HIGHLIGHTS

CGC'S CHARACTER LIMITATIONS CUTS OFF THIS LIST AT THE END)

CL_LOGO_NEW_COMICS_&_ART.jpg

NOVEMBER FEATURED AUCTION HAS BEGUN!

Exciting Comic Book Highlights in the November Featured Auction

ff1-1.jpgallwinners1.jpgasm1.jpgsuperman1.jpgdd7.jpggl1.jpg

flash133.jpgdet168.jpgaf15.jpghulk1.jpgxmen28.jpggreat3.jpg

This page represents a small sample of the many highlightswithin this blockbuster ComicLinkFeatured Auction, which contains our widest selection to date.  The auctioncontains over 2,000 Vintage Comic Books from the Golden, Silver & Bronze Age (withsome key copper in for good measure), as well as many impressive Original Comic Arthighlights.  Below we have itemized many, but nowhere near close to all,highlights within the auction -- each and every lot within this auction deserves a goodlook, so we strongly encourage you to review the items lot by lot.

Before getting to the highlight reel, we would like to letsellers know that we are now taking consignments for the January and February ComicLinkauctions, so feel free to reserve your slots now.  If you are interested inparticipating in one of the upcoming auctions, simply e-mail your prospective auction listto buysell@comiclink.comor call Josh Nathanson or Douglas Gillock at 718/246-0300, for a prompt response.

And now, here is a sample of some of the comic book highlights within this FeaturedAuction

(CLICK HERE TO SEEALL COMIC BOOK HIGHLIGHTS - CGC'S CHARACTER LIMITATIONS CUTS OFF THIS LIST AT THE END!!):

Great books, Josh. (thumbs u

Thanks! Transplant - while there is no watch feature, per se, if you just want to watch an item, one way of doing that is just to bid a price you wouldn't mind winning the item at (i.e $1, $10, etc.). Then the items will show up in your bids section.

Josh

Josh:

I know that's how many (including me) people keep tabs. But sometimes, I may not go through the list for awhile after bidding opens. Then, lots of people have entered their watching bids. I won't bid my max until closer to the end. When the "watching" bids have crept to the near-max levels, I don't place a "watching" bid anymore. Subsequently, I forget about some books that I might otherwise have bid on.

I think a watch feature could not only encourage bidding but keep people interested in the auction in general. People will watch big books even when they have no intent on bidding. But their interest can translate to bidding on other items. Truthfully, it is an almost de rigeur feature.

I know it's not the first time I've mentioned it. Others have asked for it. The way that viewing items is done on the website makes a watch feature even more necessary. When I stop looking at an item and click the back button, it starts again at the top of the list of books, rather than at the specific book I was watching.

I'm a big fan Josh and I sold several bigger books there. But plenty of people here agree that the website needs work.

Mike

Yes I agree Josh. You are probably (maybe Heritage) the #1 consignment site for comics. But if you plan on staying at the top of the heap, obviously quality material is number one. However, having a good and manageable site is also important as well as upgrades. The site needs some serious overhaul. Some day, someone will catch up with you. I'm sure you don't want them to pass you along the way so that people start saying, remember when Clink used to have the best auctions?

Thanks guys. I appreciate the suggestions.

A watchlist feature does have its advantages. There are a few strategic reasons that it has not been implemented thus far by us but you make some points and I will consider your suggestions.

Transplant - I may be able to help in terms of looking at an item's detail and then going back to where you were within the main auction listings, instead of back to the top:

That may or may not work depending on what browser you use and how you are going back to the main listings. For example, if you are using the IE browser, and you click the IE browser back button, it will keep your place. If you are using Firefox, and click on the Firefox browser back button, it will not keep your place. Stuff like that is the main reason I don't like using Firefox. If you click the ComicLink back button (beneath the scan of the listing detail), it will keep your place in both browsers (and it should keep your place in all browsers).

FYI - I have to take care of a few important things, and then I am traveling, so I may not be able to stay active on this thread. I do appreciate the input though. Feel free to contact me privately at njosh@comiclink.com if you have further thoughts as well.

-Josh

Josh:

Good to see the feedback. I do use Firefox. But I hope you're considering FK's comments also. A top notch website really says something about a company and its image. The watch feature is just one thing.

I'm sure you already know but we're moving to possibly 4-5 browsers that really have to be considered in designing. There is a feeling among people that I've talked to that CLink's ite is just a step above basic HTML. With mobile computing and iphones, etc. it's not going to be sufficient to just accommodate people with explorer.

I'm not suggesting becoming a Heritage clone, b/c frankly your pricing structure makes you more competitive. But I am saying that you're dealing with an awful lot of money and things like watch, easy browsing, past results, etc. are expected by the people spending that money.

If you click the ComicLink back button (beneath the scan of the listing detail), it will keep your place in both browsers (and it should keep your place in all browsers).

I tried it in Firefox and it works! :banana: