• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay - comiczoo warehouse breakin

84 posts in this topic

Exactly what I was going to post. Before you send any money I would contact ebay and tell them that the seller is going through with the offer to see if the transaction remains with ebay or outside. If its outside, try to use your credit card for extra insurance just in case paypal will not back you.

Good luck.

Good advice. I'll contact Ebay.

I use my credit card for EVERY Paypal transaction. I think divad gave me that piece of advice about a year ago, and now I won't do a Paypal payment any other way.

you are just as safe if you use your CC for paypal going through ebay, as not going through ebay...

Exactly what I was going to post. Before you send any money I would contact ebay and tell them that the seller is going through with the offer to see if the transaction remains with ebay or outside. If its outside, try to use your credit card for extra insurance just in case paypal will not back you.

Good luck.

I use my credit card for EVERY Paypal transaction. I think divad gave me that piece of advice about a year ago, and now I won't do a Paypal payment any other way.

you are just as safe if you use your CC for paypal going through ebay, as not going through ebay...

I went through Paypal, and when I got to the part where you can select the type of transaction (Goods, Services, Ebay Auction, etc.), I selected Ebay Auction. It then recommended that I pay for Ebay auctions via Ebay, but there was also the option to continue to pay directly via Paypal. Lo and behold, I was able to select the comiczoo auction and associate my payment with this Ebay auction.

I did still use my CC to pay, but at least the payment is linked to the auction, in case there is a problem.

Guess I'll know in a week or two. :wishluck:

Good luck.

I went through Paypal, and when I got to the part where you can select the type of transaction (Goods, Services, Ebay Auction, etc.), I selected Ebay Auction. It then recommended that I pay for Ebay auctions via Ebay, but there was also the option to continue to pay directly via Paypal. Lo and behold, I was able to select the comiczoo auction and associate my payment with this Ebay auction.

I did still use my CC to pay, but at least the payment is linked to the auction, in case there is a problem.

Guess I'll know in a week or two. :wishluck:

good luck (thumbs u