• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goon appreciation thread :)
5 5

1,060 posts in this topic

Yep, it's that one--the #1 from the Avatar series.

Is the case cracked or something else wrong with it, as if it is fine the way it is, I'd leave it alone. The more folks you have handling a book, the greater the chance something can happen.

Everyone recognizes this book as his 1st full appearance. I wouldn't kill myself over needing the updated label to state this. Know what I mean?

Yep, it's that one--the #1 from the Avatar series.

Is the case cracked or something else wrong with it, as if it is fine the way it is, I'd leave it alone. The more folks you have handling a book, the greater the chance something can happen.

Everyone recognizes this book as his 1st full appearance. I wouldn't kill myself over needing the updated label to state this. Know what I mean?

+1 The only time I would crack it out is if I were getting it SS'd.

Congratz on those beautiful books Steve!

Thanks Bobby! :cloud9:

I just bought this as well:

albatross1.jpg

That is a great copy of that book. I can't put mine (a 9.4 SS) in my Registry because it is mislabelled as a Color Special #1 :cry:

#1 Vol. 2 is the hardest book in the Goon series I think

TJ, Sweet piece!

Thanks, Chris!

Maybe I'll let you look at it when you come down for DragonCon!

yeah looks like you did great on all of those "Goon" books Steve! dont sell em... hang onto em, Def- keepers!

Thanks Bobby, they'll be sticking around in my collection :headbang:

I couldnt wait any longer on a submission given to cgc at the Motor City Con 5-15-09.. (18) Goon books.. I called today and was told they are a month behind... I paid to have the order upgraded to fast track! I should have em back next week!!!

Edited by bcruze

I've got a signed Goon # 32 by Eric Powell and Jeff Smith, on the way to get slabbed.

Hey Adonis you forgot to mention that yours is DOUBLE SKETCHED too.

:frustrated: Grrrr!